General Statement of Duties: Under the direction and supervision of the Thrift Shop Operations Manager, provides support for the operation of the Thrift Shop. Responsible for donated items to the Thrift Shop.
1. Working knowledge of Thrift Shop Associate functions.
2. Receives merchandise in the Donations Center and sorts/stores as directed.
3. Processes new merchandise and readies for further processing by back room staff.
4. Helps stock sales floor with inventory.
5. Removes merchandise from sales floor for “sidewalk sale,” storage for next season or repurposing.
6. Opens and closes store as needed.
7. Operates cash register as needed.
8. May compute end of the day cash register/point of sale reports and credit card totals.
9. Other duties as directed by the Thrift Shop Operations Manager.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. General maintenance and repair skills.
3. Prior related work experience.
4. Reliable transportation.
5. Customer service attitude; works well with others, relates positively and courteously with a variety of people and co-workers.
6. Ability to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance 80% of the shift and stand for up to three hours.
7. Creates a positive image of Coastal Hospice in all customer transactions.
8. Knowledge of grief process.
9. Successful completion of the Coastal Hospice orientation and Thrift Shop training.