Department: Business Development
Reports to: Vice President of Business Development and Marketing Communications
Is responsible for new business development in a specified national territory. Initiates contact with potential customers, identifies their needs and budget cycles, and sells appropriate Coffey products (websites, mobile options and publications) to meet those needs. Represents Coffey Communications, Inc., with professionalism and the highest level of ethics.
Essential job functions:
- Establish relationships with new clients and secure contracts in order to attain annual minimum sales goals.
- Completes regular sales activity reports and progress calls with leadership. Is responsible for meeting quarterly sales quota.
- Initiates sales process with leads developed primarily through cold calling by phone in assigned territory. The Marketing Communications department will provide support by providing sales collateral, email campaigns and some direct mail.
- Maintains current and accurate prospect and client files in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, including logging calls and emails, completed activities, and upcoming tasks to be accomplished, as well as updating the probability an opportunity will close and the expected close date.
- Will travel to visit prospects who are solidly interested in our products on a consistent basis. The emphasis is to develop new business with qualified and viable leads. Will also attend several national and state trade shows.
- Develops prospect proposals by gathering relevant information based on needs and presents pricing options. Is responsive to all prospects’ needs and follows through on all aspects of the sales process.
- Is responsible for sending appropriate and effective samples to prospects when needed during the sales process. This requires a thorough knowledge of current clients and their communication strategies.
- Makes an effort to call on current clients in the territory when it is feasible. These calls should not be considered as client retention efforts but should focus on reselling if necessary, cross-selling existing products and services, and introducing new products and services.
- Follows up on mailing pieces or trade show leads within 10 days after notice that mailing has been sent or the lead has been transferred. Attempts contact a minimum of 6 times within a two-month period.
- Attends trade shows and represents the company to prospects, leads and clients, working a full day. Gathers information on competitors and attends appropriate seminars if applicable to our company and if time allows. Assists with setup, takedown and shipment of trade exhibit.
- Will participate as requested in opportunity win/loss activities and shall fully disclose all relevant information that may assist management in reviewing the effectiveness of sales approaches, pricing strategies, product demand and other market conditions.
- Provides input to management and the marketing team to assist in proactively identifying market opportunities and threats and the success with which the Coffey team is fulfilling client expectations through its current products and services.
- Acquires and maintains product and procedural knowledge and price list information.
- Acquires and maintains industry and market knowledge by reading trade journals weekly.
- Uses the Coffey timekeeping system to keep an accurate record of time.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.