You thrive on building relationships. You know all about what military spouses bring to the workforce. You have a passion for helping others. You are an expert in career searches. You are connected to the places where you live and work.
Sound like YOU? Blue Star Families is launching in your town and we are looking for a driven Careers Manager to join our local team! Come dream and create with us.
A day in the life:
• Create and cultivate career connections
• Introduce creative recruiting and sourcing techniques
• Connect military spouses in our virtual careers program tool, Spouseforce
• Identify and develop key relationships with resume, interview and skills training partners
• Design and attend community and professional partnership opportunities to source candidates
• Deliver branded Blue Star Families programs
• Implement strategies to engage key civilian and military leaders
To land this job:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A passion for military families- love the lingo, the families, the life!
• Experience in job readiness, workforce development and career placement/recruitment
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to produce high quality work for multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Self-starter and creative thinker
• Can work independently and collaboratively
• Technology- Salesforce, Google Apps- no problem!
• Commit to attending meetings around town often and potential, occasional out of town/overnight travel
• Understand that while this job offers a lot of flexibility and remote work options, you may need to work nights, weekend, and holidays as necessary to carry out key job functions
• Understand that this role is site specific
• DoD access to military installations
Location: Site Specific
Reports To: Senior Advisor for Careers
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Contract