At LHD Benefit Advisors, our Account Managers use specialized benefit industry knowledge and training in servicing client accounts for employers with their medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans. We are looking for someone with a service mindset, and an ability to develop strong relationships with their clients. The level of support depends on the client size and the complexity of the account.
- Lead employers through annual enrollment meetings, answering benefit questions for employers and their workforce, and assisting with benefits compliance and ACA.
- Responsible for the design and distribution of the annual employee benefits guide which is unique for each client.
- Manage clients through the implementation of new vendors and benefit platforms. This includes the rollout of new employer coverage and carrier implementation, as well as the ongoing vendor management on behalf of the client.
- Develop client specific long-term strategies for ongoing employee education and communication to improve the workforce’s understanding and appreciation of the chosen benefits offering. The specific offerings might include any combination of the following coverage: group health, dental, vision, life, disability and related products.
- Responsible for nurturing the client relationship and understanding when and how to create value for the client through the implementation of new technology including benefits administration systems, best practices and ever evolving efficient business processes.
- Perform continuing education to obtain and retain the proper job-related licenses.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or similar field required
- 2-5 years prior experience in the employee benefits, insurance, or comparable industry equivalent.
- Indiana Life and Health Insurance License or ability to obtain within one year of employment preferred
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state benefits compliance laws, including HIPAA.
- Working knowledge of industry products and administrative tools preferred.
- Ability to proactively initiate and follow through with multiple projects, with frequently changing priorities in a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to professionally and positively interact with clients at meetings.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), with proficiency in building spreadsheets and producing effective presentations, correspondence and/or electronic communication.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; an individual who can professionally and positively impact both internal, as well as external clients and customers.
- Passion for LHD’s mission and ongoing commitment to outstanding customer service.
Why choose LHD?
LHD fosters an environment where employees are proud to work hard and make a difference. We’re valued, respected, and rewarded.
- Nominated as a “Best Places to Work” for 6 consecutive years
- Company-sponsored community service days
- AchieveWELL recognition for Wellness Program
We also offer:
- HSA contribution
- 401(k) - Safe harbor contribution of 3% of your salary plus discretionary matching contributions after a year of service
- Hybrid work schedule
- In-office perks: free coffee, daily fruit bar, treadmill desk, outdoor patio, workout facility