Manufacturing Engineers are encouraged to apply.
SCHUNK is a world market leader for clamping technology and gripping systems that offers a generous employee benefits package that includes individual health insurance for $35 to $50 per month, 18+ days of paid time off, 8 holidays, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, disability, and HSA matching contributions.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and prepare customer quotes for specialty components including but not limited to:
- Review customer specifications and/ or review customer parts,
- Interpret drawings and other customer documents,
- Develop customer design specifications,
- Coordinate development of design drawings with customer and SCHUNK Design Engineering team,
- Follow-up on prototype product design and application issues with customer, making required changes to final design to meet customer requirements and quality standards,
- Preparing and delivering quotes and sales orders to customer, and
- Track and follow up on quotes and sales orders with customers and potential customers.
- Develop a design and production schedule that meets customer and SCHUNK business requirements, coordinating design, production and delivery with appropriate SCHUNK teams and facilities.
- Track and follow-up on sales order progress through and including ensuring product delivery and customer satisfaction, making adjustments to production and/or delivery schedule when required to meet customer and SCHUNK business requirements.
- Provide technical service and training presentations to customers and representatives relating to SCHUNK component’s use, operation and maintenance
- Provide customer support by phone and on the customer site.
- May enter customer quotes and sales orders into SAP, tracking the order process and follow up through delivery of the product.
- Perform duties of the Technical Specialist and Customer Service Representative (CSR) when necessary to meet business and customer needs.
- Work across product teams on special projects, trade shows, and internal events - Toolholding, Workholding and Automation Components, the production shop, and the sales and marketing staff.
- Participate in SCHUNK special projects when requested.
- Some travel will be required
- Experience is more important than degree. Post-secondary degree or certification in Engineering, manufacturing, or machine tool technology with relevant experience with CNC machines, steel cutting, fixtures, and toolholding.
- Ability to use PC applications including advanced skills with Microsoft spread sheets, word processing, and Email. Experience with CAD/CAM software and STEP files.
- Willingness to learn in-house sales/order applications and/or systems.
- Ability to communicate technical information courteously and effectively over the phone and face-to-face with customers and employees.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents such as technical drawings, operating and maintenance instructions, technical specifications, and procedure manuals and carry out instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form.
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, develop, implement and carryout solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and small team environment with the Management, Technical Specialist, other Applications Engineers, CSR and inside and outside sales staff
- Ability to use initiative to identify and solve customer and product delivery problems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects coordinating priorities with team members.
- Critical thinking skills - recognize and analyze problems, develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to quickly understand the component manufacturing and sales industry and SCHUNK product lines.
Who We Are: Come work for the competence and world market leader for clamping technology and gripping systems. Join a global team of more than 3,500 employees in nine plants and 33 subsidiaries around the world. SCHUNK USA headquarters is located in Morrisville, NC and is home to its own manufacturing facility, a tech and training center that hosts customer events and live demos, and operational teams who thrive on driving excellence in the manufacturing industry.