The Credit Analyst is responsible for supporting the revenue team through financial analysis and underwriting. May assist with structuring, documenting, and monitoring existing and prospective client relationships, consistent with our Client Service Standards.
- Analysis & Underwriting: Prepare credit presentations that sufficiently and appropriately summarize the analysis of the sources of repayment using a risk-based approach. Work product would include historical and projected business and personal cash flow, global cash flow, collateral analysis of real and personal property, understanding / analysis of economic and competitive environment of the borrower and/or industry, recommending appropriate covenants, monitoring and other structural and risk mitigating components of the credit accommodation.
- Credit Administration: Assists lenders with on-going credit administration and portfolio management including the periodic review of borrower reporting, updating ticklers, and ongoing account monitoring for compliance with reporting requirements and covenants. Sets up and maintains electronic credit files.
- Collaboration: Partners with other revenue staff on calls and in closing to ensure client experience aligns with our Client Service Standards. Serves as an expert resource and provides backup to fellow analysts. Coordinates document preparation with attorney or loan administrator. Works collaboratively across credit and lending teams to identify opportunities for enhanced client service. Contributes to the development and delivery of credit training activities. May supervise the work of other analysts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Back
- Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely, and caring customer service
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Quantitative analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of financial statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- An independent, quick learner
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- Demonstrate self-motivation and present a resourceful work ethic
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
- Keep well informed as to market conditions as it relates to assessing risk in credit transactions.
Education & Experience:
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with emphasis on business, finance, accounting or statistics.
- Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in banking (commercial and consumer lending/credit analysis); or equivalent combination of education and experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel is expected for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.