Skillable is the virtual labs platform built to adapt quickly in the face of constant change. A three-time Inc. 500 company, Skillable believes validated experiences and challenge-centric learning will transform the way organizations upskill their customers, partners and employees. Industry leaders such as Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Veritas, Global Knowledge and New Horizons trust Skillable’s full stack lab development and hosting platform, generating nearly 5 million lab launches to date in 2021 and more than 20 million lab launches over its tenure.
The leadership team of Skillable traces its roots back almost 25 years in the Information Technology training industry. Ranging from engaging in the delivery of technical training, creating training content, and managing training organizations across multiple countries, the team has worked and engaged in every facet of technology training, content production, and assessment. During its growth, they have managed multiple successful training delivery companies, pioneered new and innovative ways to build and deliver training, worked heavily in the assessment and testing industry, and managed some of the world’s largest training delivery programs by the world’s leading software companies.
Skillable is currently seeking a Technical Services Support Tier-2, who will report directly to the Technical Services Manager but will also receive job assignments from the Technical Services Tier-2 Lead.
The Technical Services Support (Tier 2) is a vital role in the Skillable Technical Operations department. This position is completely remote, therefor a qualifying candidate is expected to have a home workspace that includes a private, quiet area for meetings and conference calls and occasional travel (This may include travel outside the US). Technical Services Support (Tier 2) are responsible for building and managing LODS lab environments using Hyper-V, VMWare and cloud platforms. In addition to preparing client content, Technical Services Support (Tier 2) function as a Tier-2 support, assisting the Skillable Technical Services Support (Tier-1) with advanced lab issues.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Build and Maintain Skillable Internal Lab Profiles by configuring Virtual Machines, Cloud Services & ancillary documents and resources as needed
2. Build and maintain Microsoft Official Curriculum and Microsoft Community courses within provided timeframe
3. Build requests and tasks will be provided and managed by Technical Services Administration Lead
4. Build External Lab Profiles
5. Build client proprietary labs per provided build guides and documentation
6. Standup labs per provided lab files sent via Skillable FTP or shipped via HDDs within Skillable SLA
7. Transition client proprietary labs from development series to production series
8. Assist with Event Preparation as needed
9. Assist with deployment of lab files for large scale events featuring Skillable hosted labs
10. Opportunities may involve traveling to provide on-site event assistance
11. Content Ticket Management
12. Respond to and resolve tickets in a timely manner utilizing the Zendesk Support Software
13. Ensure tickets are tagged, triaged, and addressed appropriately, promptly and within SLA limits
14. Escalate issues as needed
15. Provide timely and excellent customer service
16. Content Provider Lab Management
17. Attend Content Provider meetings and work with Content Provider on their build schedules
18. Troubleshoot and escalate issues with labs to Content Provider contact
Collateral Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Lab Developer Assistance and Training
a. Assist clients who have lab developer seats in the Lab on Demand platform on how to build, manage, and troubleshoot their
b. Occasionally provide Lab on Demand lab developer training for an individual or group
a. Create and maintain content related documentation for both internal and external use
b. This may include both written guides and demo labs on best practices for lab development, internal errata, fixes for common
· 1. Ability to frequently remain in a stationary position.
· 2. Ability to frequently communicate and exchange accurate information.
· 3. Ability to constantly operate equipment such as telephone, computers, etc.
· 4. Ability to move equipment, in excess of 5 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Skillable is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers full-time employees a robust benefit package, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Healthcare Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Retirement Savings Plan (100% match of employee 401(k) contributions up to 3% of their compensation, then 50% matching contribution of next 2% of employee’s compensation), Wellness Program and reimbursement, Travel Assistance Program, Short-term Disability, Life and AD&D, Accident Recovery, Employee Assistance Program, Long-term Disability, Critical Care, Cancer Care, Hospital Indemnity, Discount Program, Home Office/Communication Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Personal Time, Holidays, Employee Recognition Programs, Company Trips, and even Pet Insurance!
In accordance with Skillable duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 or influenza, that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable. All employees are encouraged to receive vaccinations as determined by guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.