The Heising-Simons Foundation is a family foundation that works to advance sustainable solutions in climate and clean energy, enable groundbreaking research in science, enhance the education of our youngest learners, and support human rights for all people. In 2018, the Foundation awarded more than $95 million. Since its first grant in 2007, the Foundation has awarded more than $400 million.
The Office Services Coordinator assists our staff and visitors by providing general office support and managing front desk responsibilities. We have two full-time, non-exempt positions based in Los Altos and San Francisco, CA. Both positions report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Office Services Coordinator coordinates a wide range of office activities and provides administrative support to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Services Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining office protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and other tasks as needed.
The Office Services Coordinator is a positive-thinking professional, who thrives and is effective in roles that require wearing multiple hats. The person in this position has experience performing a broad range of administrative tasks, can work independently with little or no supervision, is well-organized and flexible, and enjoys the challenges of supporting an organization with a diverse staff.
- Greet and direct visitors in a welcoming manner, direct incoming telephone calls, and provide guests and callers with general information, as requested
- Be responsive to employees’ and guests’ requests and concerns and anticipate their needs
- Maintain office safety and security procedures
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and property managers and serve as the point person for office, kitchen, and equipment maintenance
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of office and kitchen supplies, including snacks and beverages
- Coordinate outgoing mail and delivery services and route incoming mail and deliveries
- Maintain the appearance of the common areas of the office
- Organize conference room scheduling and reservations and coordinate the logistical details and catering requirements for meetings and weekly staff lunches; place catering orders and set-up/clean-up before and after catered meals
- Serve as the point person for internal meetings, including the operation of conference room equipment, such as connecting laptops, downloading presentations, and enabling video conferencing
- Schedule meetings and provide general administrative and project support to the staff, as needed
- Coordinate with the IT team, and provide the staff with basic IT support, directing staff to the off-site/outsourced IT team, when necessary
- Recommend and implement office procedures, in conjunction with the COO
- Ensure the well-being and happiness of the staff, anticipate needs, and actively strive to ensure that everyone is cared for, taking into consideration dietary restrictions, cultural and religious customs, and personal convictions
- Schedule initial and/or follow-up ergonomic evaluations for new and existing staff
- Schedule relief reception coverage, as necessary
- Participate in the planning and execution of Foundation events
- Be a cheerful, welcoming, and considerate employee that that earns the trust and respect of the staff
- College degree or high-school diploma, with equivalent experience
- 2+ years of increasingly responsible administrative experience a professional office setting
- Excellent administrative and Microsoft Office skills
- Customer service oriented, with outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and skilled at problem-solving
- Proactive, with excellent multi-tasking and follow-through abilities
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, time/project management, and prioritization skills
- Flexible, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Punctual, dependable, and proactive
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor, sense of humor, and be highly productive under pressure
- Nonprofit experience is preferred
Compensation & Benefits
The Foundation offers an excellent employee benefits package and salaries that are commensurate with experience.
Please upload a cover letter, along with your resume, for consideration and indicate your preference for either the Los Altos or San Francisco position. Both positions will remain open until filled.
The Heising-Simons Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome a diverse pool of applicants and make employment decisions based on merit. Foundation policy prohibits the unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital or caregiver status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition, prior record of arrest or conviction, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified applicants with disabilities may participate in the application process. Please advise, in writing, any special needs at the time of application.