Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Field Service Technician is a traveling position with work being conducted at various locations throughout multiple states. Overnight travel is approximately 60-80%.
The Field Service Technician provides technical support to customers, both onsite (primary) and on the telephone/computer (secondary). In this role, you will install, demonstrate, qualify, troubleshoot, repair, and alter Conair equipment, utilizing knowledge of our equipment to provide technical support on multiple product lines. While primarily working in customer facilities, there are times when you will provide office-based work for phone support, as well as performing administrative tasks such as opening and managing support cases and providing service reports and documenting expenses. This position reports to the Field Service Supervisor; the position may be based out of Franklin, PA or a home office.
What’s in it for me?
- Our team of Service Specialists, Product Managers and Customer Care representatives have your back, 24/7. When you are in the field supporting our customers, you are our top priority.
- All new Conair Field Service Representatives receive a RealWear smart glass wearable headset, allowing you to safely and efficiently connect with Conair experts for training and guidance as you come up to speed.
- Say goodbye to late night report writing. Thanks to our use of ProntoForms mobile field apps, you will easily capture and confirm your work using your phone or Conair-supplied iPad. Take photos, get a signature, and use fields such as drop-downs and selection buttons to quickly capture your work. Hit “send” and the report is automatically compiled, formatted, and sent when you walk out the factory door. Enjoy dinner without a report hanging over your head.
- We love our Road Warriors. We pay for travel time, cover all expenses, and put you up in nice hotels. Take your company-provided vehicle, or fly for long-distance deployments. Book your own travel, and get there on the schedule and plan that works for you.
- Perform startup, repair, and preventative maintenance service work at customer sites;
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to identify and resolve problems during repairs, startups, and assessments.
- Arrange, schedule, and perform travel to and from jobsite; this may include international locations;
- Document all actions and expenses, including service reports, expense reports, and product alterations;
- Provide technical telephone support for customers, Sales, and other technicians; Research and secure answers to problems;
- Be able to provide backup Specialist support on at least one product line;
- Conduct plant-floor training classes for customers on equipment operation and maintenance;
- Provide after-hours technical support as part of an on-call rotation;
- Practice Conair service ethics concerning safety, attitude, appearance, conversation, and quality of work.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Associate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology (or related field) preferred and/or five (5)+ years of experience with industrial equipment similar to Conair equipment;
- Must have solid communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to analyze and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings, as well as software code;
- Familiar with microprocessor controls and programs;
- Must have good interpersonal skills and provide high-quality customer service;
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and multitask;
- Must be able to evaluate and respond appropriately to situations to the benefit of the customer;
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sales Force, SAP, and AutoCAD.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.