Organization: Since 1901, Jewish Family Services (JFS) has supported and strengthened lives throughout Greater Kansas City. We provide essential human services for people facing challenges in everyday life or times of crisis — regardless of faith, age, culture, or lifestyle. JFS proudly serves more than 10,000 people annually in service areas including Kesher KC Case Management & Food Pantry, Older Adult Services, Mental Health Services, Family Life Education, and Chaplaincy.
Position Summary: In active collaboration with other call center staff, a successful individual will support and advance the mission of Jewish Family Services by providing quality information and referrals to callers about JFS and community services. The JFS Navigator will work collaboratively with JFS programs and staff to assist clients in a caring and timely manner. The JFS Navigator is responsible for intake to JFS Services, accurately recording client information in our internal database, and managing closed-loop reporting with key strategic partners for community referrals. This position will also provide scheduling support to our Older Adult Clients in the JET Express Transportation and Help at Home Maintenance Program. Pays $35-40K annually.
- Answer incoming calls and effectively respond to callers to connect them with the services they need.
- Ensure courteous, prompt responses to caller inquiries and requests.
- Manage a triage system to prioritize calls based on urgency and current program availability.
- Input data into internal database to provide staff with referral information that is accurate, appropriate and confidential.
- Maintain online listings and external referral sources in the community for JFS Services.
- In collaboration Program Directors and Program Staff, help streamline and continuously improve referral systems that meet the needs of each program or community partner.
- Collect and report requested program data to Program Operations Manager. Utilize such data to determine possible intake and referral improvements and current organization capacity.
- Assist with answering calls and scheduling appointments for both Help@Home and JET Express programs.
Position Qualifications and Competencies:
- Integrity: must have and maintain a high level of honesty and ethical decision-making in interactions with clients and colleagues.
- Customer Service: demonstrated desire to serve clients by focusing effort on meeting their needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust while using compassion and non-judgment.
- Communication skills: high level of function during interpersonal communications, with clients,staff, and community partners alike. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate messages and listen to others' responses in order to convey information.
- Decision Making: possess an appropriate level of ability to evaluate information and select an effective and suitable course of action.
- Solution-Oriented: a drive and ability to pro-actively take steps to solve or settle an issue.
- Detail Oriented: Demonstrates an appropriate level of ability to pay meticulous attention to assigned tasks with little to no oversight.
- Time Management: Demonstrates a high level of ability to effectively utilize the available time for the completion of necessary job tasks, and a sense of immediacy to respond to callers.
- Background in social services, hospitality, or resource management desired but not required. History in a human-services agency a plus.
Environmental/Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Frequently required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Ability to talk on a phone and work at a computer.
- Ability to comply with JFS mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy in compliance with federal ADA guidelines.
Guiding Principles: JFS is guided by five principles that inform how we engage with each other and the community we serve. The right candidate will be in alignment with these values:
- B’Yachad - Stronger Together: We are stronger as an agency and a community when we think, work, and serve together.
- Being Human-Centered: We put the human experience and perspective at the center of our thinking, programming, services, and interactions.
- Collaboration: We actively seek partnering opportunities within JFS and throughout our community
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship: We respond and continually adapt to ongoing needs and changes in the Greater Kansas City area.
- Open Communication: We communicate openly, honestly, and in a solution-oriented manner.
EEO Statement: Jewish Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, and seeking diverse candidates. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and organizational need. All applicants will be considered for employment with dignity and respect, free of all discrimination, including that which is based on race, color, religion, gender, language, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.