PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a full time experienced Billing Specialist with CPC.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Billing Specialist with CPC will be responsible for, but not limited to, reviewing Electronic Medical Records (EMR) for proper level of service, to include medical necessity, modifiers, ICD-10 coding, CPT coding and HCPC’s coding prior to accepting charges. Once compliant charges have been accepted Billing Specialist with CPC will verify correct payer is attached to the encounter and release the encounter to bill.
- Review physician documentation, within 72 hours of visit, to determine if it meets the coding requirements for E&M, ICD -10, CPT and HCPC’s, submitted via the EMR daily prior to accepting charges and review other services provided such as diagnostic testing.
- Once compliant charges have been accepted Billing Specialist with CPC will verify correct payer is attached to the encounter and release the encounter to bill.
- Communicate coding documentation errors to providers within 72 hours of visit, and work with and help educate the physicians in the coding of services.
- Reconcile unbilled visit reports monthly.
- Stay current on coding changes in order to maintain credential.
- Collaborate with and share job knowledge and information with co-workers, as needed.
- Assist with training fill-in, temporary, and new employees in essential job functions as necessary.
- Assist with planning and presenting documentation in-services to providers, as required.