The Assembler will be responsible for fabricating metallic and nonmetallic parts to be assembled into complete units. This role will apply knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, layout techniques, operating conventional and special purpose machines and hand tools.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Review process sheets and drawings to identify material required to perform the job.
- Mark cutting lines on aluminum or steel sections to be assembled.
- Verify dimensions with measuring instruments such as calipers and tape measure.
- Confirm conformance of processes or work piece to drawings or process sheets.
- Follow the set flow and process established within their department and perform the work with zero defects.
- Check materials prior to processing to assure they meet specifications.
- Perform hazard assessments and maintain a high standard of safe work practices and quality control.
- Wear assigned safety protective equipment for each job function.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- Experience with hand and power tools such as drills, rivet guns, impact gun, grinders and welding (such as MIG, TIG, etc.).
- Experience with machines comprised of band saws, automated saws, lathes, milling, cut-off saw, drill press, copy router, roll-former, punch press and wire straightener.
- Ability to read and interpret tape measure.
- Ability to review drawings and specifications to develop process steps required in fabricating the final product.
- Experience with material handling equipment and overhead crane operation, preferred.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with diverse needs and across remote offices.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. Occasionally, the employee is required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when on certain parts of the property.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various locations, including warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, refineries and hospital settings. Employees may work with co-workers’ side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed. Noise levels in the work environment can exceed 90 decibels. Hearing protection may be required to perform certain tasks.
Metro Doors and Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.