Are You the Remedy for Brands Afflicted by the Status Quo?
If you have an amazing portfolio that is full of integrated marketing campaigns in the pharmaceutical healthcare space, we’d like to chat about an exciting opportunity to join our virtual creative team.
We’re looking for a Creative Director (Copy) who understands what it takes to write and produce bold creative in promotional/consumer and professional healthcare marketing—riding the edges of the box. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with excellent promotional writing and research skills to help us craft bold and evocative marketing messages, advertising copy, brand strategy, and campaigns that authentically engage healthcare audiences. This Creative Director has copywriting expertise and is a proven creative leader who can lead others and do it themselves. This high attention to detail, consumer and professional healthcare marketing expertise, and copywriting savvy will create success in assigned work streams and ensure that you and everyone on your team meet strategies, expectations, deadlines, and budget constraints.
The Creative Director (copy) must be an expert in writing and translating client briefs into bold and evocative creative solutions by both executing, partnering, and/or selecting the best talent to deliver high-quality across the spectrum of media—from print to digital and presentations.
This role entails mastering our project management software to communicate with team members worldwide and ensure everyone delivers on well-designed, well-written marketing solutions that meet our Xavier Creative House standards.
The role is influenced by the demands of fast-paced agency life with equal importance on creativity, being on-brand and on-time, and considering regulatory guidelines in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Biotech industries.
Must share samples of your work that reflects integrated marketing campaigns to be considered.
About Xavier Creative House
Founded in 2013, Xavier Creative House (XCH) is an award-winning healthcare marketing agency specializing in pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device. XCH’s global team of brand builders and healthcare marketers, tech-savvy go-getters, and innovative dream-vetters are passionate about the big idea that changes behavior in the healthcare marketplace. We deliver bold and evocative creative solutions, amplified by meaningful technology, to energize brands and authentically connect with patients and HCPs. Our positive and empathetic style develops strong, personal relationships that facilitate a productive partnership and lay the foundation for long-term mutual success and growth.
Implement bold and evocative creative solutions that provide our clients with results. You will bring a mix of top-notch creative eye, deep consumer and professional healthcare marketing expertise and strategic savvy within the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries. Must be able to both lead and execute bold and evocative solutions that meet the creative brief, strategy and deadline.
This position requires someone who can dig in with the team to collaborate on concepts, set the tone, write copy, and inspire others to take our creative output and department to a new level as we continue to grow.
You must have an established portfolio of integrated campaigns that demonstrate your ability to create award-winning work.
Objectives of this Role
· Build, lead, and review work of the creative team in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral to ensure it is on brief and on strategy
· Responsible for the time management for creative team execution to ensure on time and on budget which must be managed in PM software
· Collaborate with the account and brand strategy teams in developing marketing plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities
· Develop marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies
· Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape to ensure we keep ourselves and our clients in the forefront
· Continue to develop personal creative and leadership skills to develop the team
· Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
· Collaborate with and provide leadership for a cross-functional team of art directors, graphic designers, copywriters, and project managers in the strategic development of messaging and creative deliverables
· Be an integral support to Strategic and Client Service Leads in the development, accuracy, and review of creative briefs to provide the team with strategic insight and creative inspiration
· Execute on appropriate projects and own them, start to finish
· Develop and adhere to brand and editorial guidelines for each client and have the flexibility to write in each tone and various audience.
• Manage workloads to maximize productivity of the copy team, ensuring that everyone is busy and billable
· Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner
· Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
· Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
· Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables
· Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
· Understand and follow regulatory standards and requirements for successful submissions
· Follow best practices for annotations
Skills and Qualifications
· 10 years of related copywriting experience with 4+ years of creative direction in agency or healthcare related setting
· Understanding and experience creating integrated campaigns across all marketing channels from print to digital, social media, paid media, mobile on time and on budget
· Proven experience with concept development
· Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
· Strong creative vision and understanding of business objectives
· Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, English, Marketing, or related discipline
· Minimum 10 years of professional and consumer copywriting experience with strong portfolio of work; Healthcare/Pharma experience a plus
· Exceptional writing and research skills
· Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
· Prior experience with consumer and professional (HCP) copywriting
· Strong skills in time management, prioritizing, and organizing, with attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
· Familiarity with standard software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; Adobe Acrobat