Trellance is the leading provider of data, analytics, and business intelligence solutions to financial institutions. Organizations use its technology and consulting services to meet the consumer finance expectations of today’s digital world, one that is increasingly driven by artificial intelligence and machine learning. The company’s patented enterprise data platform, Trellance M360, is the enabling engine behind digital transformation and member experience. Trellance was founded in 1989, and its Tampa headquarters features a modern office space with panoramic water and city views, covered parking, onsite car detailing, and a café. The company offers attractive compensation; medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with matching plus profit-sharing; and many more tools and resources.
The primary responsibility of the Agile Product Owner is to maximize the value of the product resulting from the work done by the agile software development team. This includes defining a product and features that successfully meet customer needs and promote customer delight. The Agile Product Owner defines the product, feature area, and/or features, prioritizes and maintains the team backlog, and directs the agile software development team on what to build and why it is important.
- Understand the financial industry and other market data needed to develop on-prem and cloud data analytics products and validate product features and data views that will result in increased target customer adoption.
- Act as an internal subject matter expert in support of the Product Management team for the prioritization and development of source system connectors (core banking, ancillary, and other market data).
- Collaborate with the Data Governance team in the implementation of data management best practices for on-prem and cloud data analytics products.
- Assist Product Management with the design of minimum viable products and minimal marketable features that successfully meet customer needs and promote greater customer adoption.
- Work with Product Management to break down high-level business requirements into executable technical requirements in the form of team-level epics and stories.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert in support of customer-based issues with the product, including working with Customer Support and Release Management to assist in prioritizing and addressing product defects and concerns raised by customers.
- Work with Product Management and Product Support to prioritize and manage the balance of product enhancements vs product defects in order to promote high levels of product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Prioritize the product backlog and work together with the external facing Product Management team to execute the product roadmap, including supporting trade-off decisions based on priority and value.
- Collaborate with the agile software development team to create user stories for sprints that align with Product Management priorities.
- Write user stories, define acceptance criteria, and collaborate with the agile software development team on a daily basis.
- Team up with a UI/UX specialist to define the UI/UX on prototypes for our data analytics product.
- Coordinate with source system vendors, understand new vendor releases, attend vendor seminars and make appropriate decisions in an effort to continuously improve our product value.
- Demo the product to internal stakeholders (every sprint/iteration) and customers (as needed) to elicit feedback.
- Partner with the external facing Product Management team to meet with Credit Unions to provide demos, training, subject matter expert opinion on technology platforms and products as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Prior experience in banking, credit union, or financial services industries is strongly preferred. Experience with data warehouse solutions is also preferred.
- 3 years + of Analytics/Business Intelligence experience in a Product Owner or other related role.
- Moderate to advanced experience with agile/scrum and/or lean product management.
- Product Owner certification (CSPO, PSPO, POPM) or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience identifying and eliciting requirements/product features with internal teams, stakeholders, and customers.
- Ability to manage a product or team backlog, including prioritization and refinement of backlog items.
- Ability to prioritize user stories and epics by collaboration with the agile software development team to understand the level of difficulty and cost/time involved.
- UI/UX design experience creating dashboards and analytical reporting.
- Demonstration and presentation skills that include addressing ad hoc questions during customer meetings.
- Development of light weight mock-ups to initiate the product UX concepts will be an advantage.
- Development of source data transformation specifications for technical teams.
- Planning skills will be an advantage.
- Creating effective agile user stories with clear acceptance criteria for agile software development teams.
- Prior experience developing high-level testing approaches and business user acceptance test criteria.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and related tools (i.e. Jira or similar).
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and other Cloud/BI tools.
Other Skills: Strong business acumen. Strong project management skills. Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to quickly sift through concepts and drill down into actionable steps. Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to adjust quickly to changing situations and the ability to drive results through ambiguous environments or unexpected obstacles.