Program: Early Learning and School Age Programs
Days: Monday – Friday: 37.5 per week
Reports to: Director of Early learning and School Age Programs
Assist the Director of Early Learning and School Age Programs: In establishing overall program strategies and objectives for the YWCA Hartford Region Early Learning Centers and School Age Programs, ensure the development and delivery of Early Learning and School Age Programs that meet the diverse developmental, educational, and social needs of children, ensure that programs and services meet the diverse needs of the children within the community and fosters the achievement of the organizations mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
• Assist the Director of Early Learning and School Age Programs in developing and delivering childcare programs that meet the diverse needs of the children we serve;
• Assist the Director of Early Learning and School Age programs in overseeing the recruiting, hiring and training staff that possesses the education, skills, talent, and credentials necessary for the delivery of superior services to children; lead the organization, scheduling and delivery of New Staff Orientation;
• Oversee the requisition of supplies, to include adherence to policies and procedures;
• Provide oversight to the daily operations of the ELC’s and Kidslink programs to include (but not limited to): curriculum, intentional teaching practices, quality environments and staff/child interactions, adherence to YWCA policies and procedures, OEC and state of CT regulations, and NAEYC requirements, enrollment, fiscal matters, personnel matters, training and professional development;
• Assist in maintaining the licensing and accreditation of all programs;
• Provide administrative support to the Director of Early Learning and School Age Programs.
• Provide support to Sites in the absence of a Site Manager
• Take part in and nurture a highly functioning ELC/Kidslink Leadership Team.
• Participate in the development and continuous outreach efforts to increase the visibility of the YWCA with the community, increase program enrollment and fund development initiatives;
• Work with advisory groups as needed.
This position offers a full benefits package including:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood, Sociology or related field.
• Minimum of 5-7 years experience in progressively more responsible positions with the field of early childhood education, school age programs, or childcare;
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership capacity including responsibility for budget and personal;
• Experience working within a culturally diverse, urban community;
• Extensive experience in program development and management;
• Up to date knowledge of current concepts in early childhood development and learning;
• Knowledge of public health codes, ordinances, licensing requirements etc. related to childcare services and facilities.