At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Manager Procurement & Vendor Management is responsible for managing vendor relationships and supporting sourcing under the direction of the Director, Procurement & Vendor Management. The Vendor Manager also supervises the Vendor Management team.
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, hires, and manages performance to organization goals and expectations.
- Executes purchasing strategies.
- Manages vendors and outside service providers effectively; sets expectations and holds them accountable.
- Leads the monitoring of the Rhino system for requests for additional information and delayed searches.
- Uses Salesforce to respond to vendor cases and provide clear documentation of issues.
- Communicates with vendors to understand their processes and any delays or special circumstances.
- Executes vendor quality control issues and monitors results.
- Assists with sourcing, negotiating, pricing, testing, and rollout of new vendors and new vendor products.
- Partners with stakeholders to ensure clear expectations and outcomes for vendor partners.
- Draft, review contracts, and modify terms and conditions, express ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience leading at the functional level is required.
- Experience leading negotiations is required.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced experienced with MS Excel and strong quantitative ability to use data for decision making.
- Experience with research [or investigative experience] is preferred.
- Experience remotely operating a department and supervising employees and vendors is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred
- Years of experience supervising: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- Employee must be able to perform the essential duties of their position without accommodation. Employees who may require a job accommodation should contact human resources.
- The noise level in on-site work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in a remote or office setting although on-site meetings in various settings may occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less] may be required when on-site.
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.