Position Description: Senior Threat Engineer:
Avarint is seeking a senior-level engineer for development of advanced algorithms used in modern Integrated Air Defense Systems. Our engineers support a real-time simulation of an Integrated Air Defense System (IADS) including sensors, command and control (C2), and weapon systems. The engineer will be required to analyze intelligence data of modern IADS components and help design, build, and test simulated representations of these components. The engineer will work with existing customers to help tailor DIADS solutions for their requirements. With the constantly evolving technological threat, the engineer will work with the Intelligence Centers to develop testable modeling and simulation requirements of reported capabilities.
Location of opportunity: Huntsville, AL
· Work with existing customers to expand their knowledge and representations of the modern IADS threat
· Develop technical requirements for IADS components from analysis of intelligence
· Eventually manage/lead a small group of DIADS developers dedicated to local customers
· Design Electronic Warfare configurations in DIADS for customers. Work with the customers to ensure the system under test is properly modeled.
· Analyze DIADS outputs and create results briefings/data products. Create scripts, programs, macros for data analysis that expedites analysis of large data sets
· Develop software that implements the engineer’s design specifications, follows standards, and is easily maintained
· Develop, execute, and report on verification test plans to test newly created functionality
· Support integration, and test events at various test ranges and facilities (some travel required)
· Work with internal and external engineering teams to ensure project requirements are met
· Keep current on IADS technology, assessments, and impact on customers
· Serve as a key customer interface
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Mathematics, Science, or Engineering discipline with a minimum of 15 years’ experience
· Technical theories and principles of basic ground-based radar, trackers, command and control, and surface-to-air weapon systems
· Experience with RF signals for Radars, Communication systems, Electronic Warfare is a plus
· Experience with the USAF’s DIADS program
· Reverse engineering and exploitation experience is a plus
· Good Communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
· Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a government security clearance which includes US citizenship
· An Active government security clearance is a plus
· Must be able to obtain and remain eligible for a US Department of Defense security clearance during the course of employment.
· Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 per the executive mandate.