Position Description: Senior DIADS Modeler:
Avarint is seeking a senior-level engineer for modeling and simulation, and analysis with a mission-level model (DIADS). Our engineers support a real-time simulation of an Integrated Air Defense System (IADS) including sensors, command and control (C2), and weapon systems. The engineer will be required to design, build, execute and analyze IADS scenarios as it relates to Electronic Warfare for a growing customer base. They engineer will need to synthesize vast amounts of data and draw conclusions of system performance/effectiveness against design specifications.
Location of opportunity: Dayton, OH
· Design Electronic Warfare configurations in DIADS for customers. Work with the customers to ensure the system under test is properly modeled.
· Analyze DIADS outputs and create results briefings/data products. Create scripts, programs, macros for data analysis that expedites analysis of large data sets
· Develop software that implements the engineer’s design specifications, follows standards, and is easily maintained
· Develop, execute, and report on verification test plans to test newly created functionality
· Support integration, and test events at various test ranges and facilities (some travel required)
· Work with internal and external engineering teams to ensure project requirements are met
· Keep current on electronic warfare technology, assessments, and impact on customers
· Serve as a key customer interface
· 401(k) – No Waiting Period. 100% Vested on date of hire.
· 3% company contribution in the first year of employment, company contribution increases over time. Employee is not required to contribute to the plan to receive Avarint’s contribution.
· Health Insurance – No Waiting Period – competitive costs.
· Dental, Vision Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for employees and dependents.
· Life Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for the employee.
· Generous paid time off, unlimited sick time and 9 paid holidays
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Mathematics, Science, or Engineering discipline with a minimum of 15 years’ experience
· Technical theories and principles of basic ground-based radar, trackers, command and control, and surface-to-air weapon systems
· Experience with RF signals for Radars, Communication systems, Electronic Warfare is a plus
· Experience with the USAF’s DIADS program
· Good Communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
· Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a government security clearance which includes US citizenship
· An Active government security clearance is a plus
· Must be able to obtain and remain eligible for a US Department of Defense security clearance during the course of employment.
· Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 per the executive mandate.