Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation is looking for a driven Industry Talent Consultant (ITC) to implement and manage the grants that respond to and solve industry-related workforce challenges specific to the Transportation industry. The Transportation Talent Consultant uses industry-driven data and information to develop strategies, including workshops and training that address industry pipeline deficiencies. The Transportation ITC has knowledge and expertise in the Transportation, Warehousing, and Logistics industry and serves as an internal and external consultative role in educating AAWDC staff, leadership, and key partners in the current and future industry workforce needs.
· Develops, organizes, and supports innovative strategies and special projects to address industry challenges and trends.
· Uses career pathways models to maximize training opportunities and articulate employment progression within the industry of focus.
· Maintains an understanding of workforce trends and best practices within the industry of focus.
· Develops, grows, and maintains industry-specific Collaborative, a group of businesses and business leaders within a given industry.
· Analyzes and interprets data related to industry-specific employment trends and opportunities.
· Oversees project implementation of industry workforce solutions.
· Participates in business, community, industry panels, and/or partnerships to identify trends, current and future staffing needs, desired job skills, and training requirements within the industry.
· Knowledge of local industry-specific workforce issues, labor market, and business demographics.
· Communicate effectively – while writing, speaking, and listening – with a diverse customer population, along with internal and external partners.
· Conducts oral presentations to small and large groups.
· Understands and analyzes industry-related challenges including skills deficiencies and gaps.
· Proficient in developing industry-related solutions and strategies that address workforce and economic challenges.
· Strong knowledge of labor market issues and both county-specific and national trends.
· Serves as both the organization's subject matter expert on industry-specific issues, as well as external customers including job seekers and community partners.
BA/BS in human resources or a related discipline. Industry-specific or related field with comparable education and years of experience.
A minimum of three years of experience providing workforce or business development and/or industry-specific experience. Coursework/training in project management, marketing, and human services.
· Strong customer focus and communication skills, including empathetic listening, clear and accurate writing, and persuasive oral communication are required.
· Ability to problem-solve and create comprehensive, creative solutions necessary.
· Commitment to outstanding service delivery, teamwork, and client outcomes.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Membership(s) in professional and/or business organizations and certifications are encouraged.