Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for an IT Systems Administrator located at the Company’s headquarters in Boulder, Colorado
The IT Systems Administrator is a full-time position, to which you would devote all your professional effort. You would be a hands-on professional working with the team to maintain and support all aspects of corporate IT infrastructure, including network/server administration as well as direct desktop user support. You will report directly to the Director of IT. Principal responsibilities include:
- Administrate infrastructure, including servers, NAS, switches, firewalls, malware protection software and other processes
- Upgrade systems, applications, and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Create and verify backups of data
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating, phone, video conference systems
- Administer several software apps across the company which entails security groups, permission sets, licensing and SSO integration
- Lead short- and long-term projects, including network optimization and SaaS implementations
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues users encounter
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Review application logs
- Install and test computer-related equipment
- Supporting end-users in a 24/7 production environment
- Such other matters as may be determined by myself and the Company
We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a fast paced, start-up environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ systems administration experience in a Windows-based IT environment.
- Experience with supporting all aspects of corporate IT systems (compute systems, data storage, backup systems, telephony, networking, etc.).
- Experience in server/network systems administration and desktop support for both PC and Apple systems. Linux experience also a plus.
- Strong MacOS/iOS administration skills for use in a mixed OS environment.
- SaaS management and administration experience for systems such as Box, Lifesize, Confluence, Jira, etc.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with end-users and managers as needed.
- Ability to build and work as part of a team with flexible hours to respond to issues outside of normal work hours.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with rapidly expanding additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego California. This position is located in our Boulder location.