We are looking for an outstanding Scientist/Sr. Scientist to drive CRISPR-based DNA editing projects. This individual will be given freedom to innovate in areas of assay development, process optimization, and product automation. Essential aspects of this position include: project leadership, rapid identification of challenges, consistent production of innovative solutions, design and execution of informative experiments, and superior data analysis. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their curiosity, creativity, and research experience to build industry-leading molecular biology and genetic-engineering assays in a highly innovative, team-oriented, fast-paced R&D environment.
• Provide scientific leadership in a technical team that builds high-throughput, automatable, genetic-engineering assays
• Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments
• Develop robust assays with simple, elegant workflows that are compatible with automation
• Perform molecular biology techniques: PCR, qPCR, genetic-engineering, and robotic liquid handling
• Conduct detailed data analysis and provide recommendations based on technical results
• Maintain detailed experimental records
• Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors
• Demonstrated record of innovation in molecular or cellular biology
• At least 5 years of direct experience with molecular biology techniques such as: PCR, qPCR, oligo design, nucleic acid purification, genome editing, and microbe manipulation
• Experience converting bench-top assays into fully automated workflows
• Familiarity with next generation sequencing, sequencing library preparation, and other genomic platforms
• Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
• Ph.D. in molecular biology or a related discipline
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with rapidly expanding additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego California. This position is located in our Pleasanton, California office.