Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings through the services outlined in the Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), Refugee Medical Assistance (RMA), Refugee Medical Screenings (RMS) and Refugee Health Promotion (RHP) programs. This includes enrolling and supporting clients in these cash and health programs, overseeing coordination and documentation, and providing supervision for team staff. EEO.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
• Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self-control and joy
• Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic; however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teachings, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing, including the use of social media or digital technologies.
• Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in social services field or comparable experience
• Minimum of one year’s experience working in a social services field position
• Minimum of one year’s experience working with diverse populations/refugees/immigrants
• Supervision experience preferred
• Competent oral and written English and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual
• Must be reliable, punctual, professional
• Must be able to work independently from general instructions
• Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs
• Must have competent organizational skills, attention to detail orientation and the ability to maintain social work ethics.
• Ability to interact effectively with outside agencies and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
• Must have a valid driver's license, verified safe driving record, and be able to provide copy of license and insurance.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
• Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
• May be exposed to infectious diseases
• Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
• Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
• Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving