The Multifamily Inspector will be responsible for conducting full onsite property level due diligence for all multifamily real estate assets MLG Capital puts under contract throughout the country. Responsibilities will include physical inspections and lease abstracting. The position will involve heavy travel throughout the country with overnight stays in other cities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing walk through inspections on apartment units
- Filling out inspection software utilizing iPads to detail unit inspections
- Reading, auditing, and abstracting lease information
- Creating reports summarizing inspection data
- Researching property management companies in each submarket
- Researching construction companies in each submarket
- Meeting with contractors to inspection interior, exterior, and amenities at properties
- Bidding out capital improvement plans and communicating with vendors
- Inspecting and reviewing service logs on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
- Conducting internal property inspections (monthly/quarterly/annual). Reporting inspection results and making recommendations to senior management
- Managing construction and common area improvement projects
- Monitoring and reporting on construction budgets and timing
- Reviewing and analyzing third party reports
- Minimum 2-3 years of prior experience in apartments property management, engineering and or general property maintenance in either a commercial or residential setting.
- Basic knowledge of apartment mechanical systems, electricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and HVAC.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. A detailed oriented self-starter
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take direction from multiple senior managers
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently, while traveling to multiple properties and applying good judgement along with strong sense of self-motivation and direction
- Smart, energetic, team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Willingness to travel (approximately 80% of the time)
- Associate Degree or High School diploma with technical certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Working Conditions: Open office workstation environment, moderate to quiet noise levels.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, a “reasonable accommodation” will be made for an individual with a known physical or mental limitation unless it would require an action of significant difficult causing undue hardship.
This document covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.