About the Teams
The Research team is responsible for processing a wide variety of criminal and civil products using computer/web-based systems. We provide clients with important and confidential criminal record data both quickly and with the highest level of accuracy in order for our clients to make the most well-informed hiring decisions. The Team works in a fast-paced and results-driven environment, but even with the high demand of our daily workload we still manage to have fun doing what we do. The Research team is the heart of the company, and the knowledge that can be gained from this position has proved time and time again to foster significant potential for growth within the company
Asurint is building the leading technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Our proprietary platforms and technologies create comprehensive background screening services that meet the needs of businesses and government entities. Our efficient turnaround time, accuracy, pricing, and compliance distinguish us as leaders in the market. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Researcher is responsible for processing products related to pre-employment background applications that includes but is not limited to: MVRs, civil court cases, criminal case and registry, drug testing and OFAC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Retrieves and enters data from computer/web-based systems, files, and other documents related to the applicant’s history.
- Locates information quickly and accurately in accordance with applicable state laws and procedures.
- Uses software programs to provide instant criminal results to clients.
- Examines internet databases to help investigate and adjudicate criminal records.
- Performs data entry using spreadsheet or database commands.
- Performs extensive internet inquiries and searches to supplement criminal records.
- Analyzes information collected to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
- Contacts clients and outside resources via phone to verify information.
- Updates order statuses appropriately.
- Handles confidential information responsibly and with good judgment.
- Monitors and implements processing and system changes.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- Experience in customer service [or with research/investigations] is required.
- Experience with internet researching experience is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
Hours of operations: Monday – Friday between 8am – 8pm
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer