Are you looking to grow your career with a dynamic company and team?
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation is looking for an Administrative Assistant – Program Operations to serve as POC and the initial contact for those who are interested in Career Restart.
The administrative assistant provides intake, orientation, and placement services for all Career Restart participants and tracks participant progress/manage the procedure for placement of participants in the appropriate Career Restart classes and maintains a master class list. The Administrative Assistant also provides support to those who receive stipends while in occupational training as well as are awarded employment bonuses.
WHY CONSIDER THIS POSITION?
· Opportunity to be innovative and build relationships
· Comprehensive benefits and Competitive Salary
· Independent work and flexibility
· Opportunity to collaborate, explore business challenges, and implement high-impact solutions
· Eligibility for a quarterly bonus
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation, (AAWDC) is a nationally recognized, innovative workforce development organization that provides high-quality workforce development services to drive purposeful change in Anne Arundel County and across Maryland. AAWDC is the bridge between understanding the workforce and talent development needs of local and regional businesses and preparing individuals to meet their full career potential. AAWDC’s vision, mission, and core values are at the heart of the way the organization achieves success.
• Field and screen phone calls and emails from prospective customers with excellent listening skills and empathy to client needs.
• Taking incoming calls and requests from community stakeholders in need of providing information or assistance, responding to inquiries and requests for information.
• Schedule weekly information sessions
• Provide current and prospective participants with appropriate information including those needed for registration and login to online platforms
• Use database to input, maintain and track participant records.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports and summaries, as required.
• Communicate with participants and instructors regarding progress and attendance issues.
• Work with the finance department to make sure all documentation from participants is updated in the system and stipends are sent out.
• Performing other duties as assigned based upon the needs of target populations.
• Provide courtesy calls to current and prospective participants as needed.
• Serve as a point of contact for businesses and work and learn (WAL) clients to submit timesheets
• Review WAL timesheets for accuracy and align with contracts;
• Coordinate with businesses to verify that training objectives have been met for the period covered by timesheet
• Provide timesheets and required affirmation to finance for payment
• Collect employment once conversions from WAL to employment happened.
Associate degree required.
Background or experience in administrative or project management.
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate excellent software skills and a professional appearance.
• High energy, outgoing, and team player
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously; organize and prioritize work
• Ability to follow detailed directions and procedures.
• Must have proficient computer skills, including MS Office