Pilatus is hiring a Customer Support Engineer to join our team in Broomfield, CO. In this role, we are looking for a highly specialized professional to provide engineering level support in troubleshooting complex systems and avionics relating to PC-12 and PC-24 aircraft. You will also identify and resolve technical and operational issues and provide engineering documentation. This role requires advanced knowledge and experience with state-of-the-art general aviation aircraft and exceptional customer service. A successful person in this position will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Take your career to the next level by joining the highly skilled team at Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd!
- Interpret and analyze complex systems problems, associated engineering and vendor literature, and provide advanced expertise and guidance in troubleshooting complex systems problems and in-service issues
- Provide technical assistance over the telephone to Pilatus Service Centers and/or customers
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in technical field campaigns with customers, service centers, and systems vendors to resolve in-service problems
- Participate in regular exchange with and coordinate technical issue resolution with the Pilatus Aircraft OEM Engineering in Switzerland
- Analyze reported failures and problems in systems and components and provide solutions to increase dispatch reliability
- Provide support with vendor component and systems evaluations, testing, failure assessments, and investigations and provide recommendations to improve dispatch reliability
- Write and review technical memos, procedure instructions, engineering reports and analysis, and other documentation under the Pilatus Aircraft OEM Engineering Design Organization Approval
- Maintain all required documents to travel outside the U.S. and ability to travel on short notice
- Participate in AOG, shift, and weekend call rotation
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications meeting the position responsibilities
- 3-5 years of related experience; PC-12/PC-24 aircraft or Williams FJ44 engine preferred
- Experience with troubleshooting complex aircraft systems on state-of-the art aircraft
- Honeywell APEX/EPIC product experience is highly desirable
- FAA airframe and powerplant rating and FAA inspection authorization desirable
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal, written, and phone communication and positive team participation skills
- Experience in writing engineering documents, procedures, and technical documentation
- Demonstrated project management and task prioritization skills, self-disciplined, capable of handling multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience in Component Control Quantum, SAP and Siemens Teamcenter Engineering desirable
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally and full COVID-19 vaccination required
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
What We Offer
- 11 paid holidays a year, plus 15 days of paid vacation time, and 6 days of paid sick/personal time to start with an increase to 20 days of paid vacation time after 5 years with Pilatus
- 90% of medical, dental, and vision premiums paid for single coverage and 80% for family coverage, averaging $9,600 annually
- Monthly health savings account (HSA) contributions totaling $2,250 for single coverage and $3,000 for family coverage annually
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 6%
- Life and long-term disability insurance premiums paid in full
- Annual employee incentive award program based on the achievement of certain business and individual performance goals
- Tuition assistance available annually after the first year
- Hiring range of $70,000 - $110,000 per year depending on experience
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd was founded in Broomfield, Colorado in 1996. Pilatus’ new 118,000 square foot facility is custom-designed to conduct aircraft interior and exterior completions for all PC-12 NG and PC-24 aircraft delivering to North and South America. This new completions center consolidates the operations Pilatus has performed at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport for over 20 years.
With over 2,000 employees and about 120 apprentices at its headquarters in Stans, Switzerland and completion center in Broomfield, Colorado, the Pilatus family unites people from over 40 countries. We offer a secure, innovative, international, and sustainable work environment. Courage, vision, and outstanding performance have made us a strong company. Our culture is shaped by a high level of quality awareness, close customer relationships, and a high degree of employee commitment.
Pilatus Business Aircraft Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To submit a paper application, please mail your resume to 12300 Pilatus Way, Broomfield, CO 80021 Attention: Human Resources. No walk-ins please. If personalized assistance is needed to complete an online application for this position, please email email@example.com with your request.