Interplan is a full service commercial architectural firm located in Altamonte Springs, FL specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. Interplan was founded over forty-eight years ago and has offices in Altamonte Springs, Chicago, Fort Worth, and Philadelphia. We are looking for a strong Mechanical Engineer to join our Interplan MEP Engineering family within our growing Central Florida office. The ideal candidate has the ability to communicate clearly with both team members and clients. Our goal is to create an empathetic, open-minded, and detail-oriented experience for our employees and clients.
A Mechanical Engineer shall have a minimum high school diploma and at least five (5) years of experience in the design of building HVAC systems. Systems experience shall include DX system, chilled water systems, and variable air systems. Position requires ability to run heating/cooling loads with Carrier and/or Trane programs. Position requires ability to produce energy code calculations. This is a production level position that is responsible for design equipment selection and construction documents for HVAC systems. This position requires proficiency in AutoCAD 2000 or later to produce construction documents in accordance with Interplan standards.
1. Be able to do building heating/cooling load calculations.
2. Design applicable heating/cooling system.
3. Exhaust hood design.
4. Exhaust/make-up air systems.
5. Temperature controls.
6. Equipment specifications.
7. Systems specifications.
8. Knowledge/understanding of mechanical building codes.
9. Responsible to permit comments.
10. Review shop drawing submittals.
11. Do basic HVAC plans for RTU and split system designs.
12. Basic exhaust system requirements.
13. Duct sizing and diffuser selection.
14. Basic knowledge of heating and cooling load calculations, mechanical materials, systems and their applications.
15. Other duties as assigned.