Avarint is seeking a radar engineer for modeling and simulation, and laboratory testing of signals. Our engineers support a real-time simulation of an Integrated Air Defense System (IADS) including sensors, command and control (C2), and weapon systems. The engineer will be required to develop technical specifications for the integration of Electronic Warfare (SIGINT/COMMS) signals in an IADS simulation with signal generators/threat simulators, and develop software that integrates the simulation with the signal generators. This includes developing required software documentation of the interface description, and test plans to verify functionality.
· Utilize system engineering processes to integrate an IADS simulation with RF signal generators, create Interface Control Documents, Interface Description Documents, and Software Design Documents
· Develop software that implements the engineer’s design specifications, follows standards, and is easily maintained
· Develop, execute, and report on verification test plans to test newly created functionality
· Support integration, and test events at various test ranges and facilities (some travel required)
· Operate RF laboratory equipment oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.
· Work with internal and external engineering teams to ensure project requirements are met
· Keep current on electronic warfare technology, assessments, and impact on customers
· Serve as a key customer interface
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics
· Knowledge of technical theories and principles of basic RF transmitter, receiver, and antenna design principles
· Knowledge of probability, statistics, random processes, communication theory, estimation theory, digital signal processing
· Knowledge of development, engineering, interfacing and integration of hardware, firmware, and software
· Experience with RF signals for Radars, Communication systems, Electronic Warfare is a plus
· Experience with development in object-oriented languages, preferably C++ is a plus
· Good Communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
· Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a government security clearance which includes US citizenship
· An Active government security clearance is a plus
· Must be able to obtain and remain eligible for a US Department of Defense security clearance during the course of employment.
· Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 per the executive mandate.
· 401(k) – No Waiting Period. 100% Vested on date of hire.
· 3% company contribution in the first year of employment, company contribution increases over time. Employee is not required to contribute to the plan to receive Avarint’s contribution.
· Health Insurance – No Waiting Period – competitive costs.
· Dental, Vision Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for employees and dependents.
· Life Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for the employee.
· Generous paid time off, unlimited sick time and 9 paid holidays
· Free beverages and stocked beverage refrigerators for employees