Our Software Engineers focus on new development and maintenance of existing applications that support real-time simulation of and integrated air defense system (IADS, including radars, command and control (C2)) sites and weapon systems. Principal work activities include the analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of C/C++ software products. The engineer will be required to develop technical specifications based on customer requirements and to provide estimates for assigned tasks.
• Responsible for the design, test, integration, and implementation of new and updated software applications
• Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain
• Troubleshoot, debug, and correct software anomalies
• Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented
• Work with the customer to ensure project requirements are met
• Provide information about the code and its behavior to non-technical customers and coworkers
• Explore problems and research various solutions to devise a work plan appropriate to solving the problems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Math or Physics
• 7+ years’ experience programming in common object-oriented languages such as C++, C#, or Java
• Experience in leading a team of software developers and managing the project budget and schedule
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to reason logically and provide rational solutions
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
• Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a government security clearance
• A current government security clearance is a plus
• Domain expertise in effects-based simulation is a plus
• Domain expertise in operation of C2 systems is a plus
· Must be able to obtain and remain eligible for a US Department of Defense security clearance during the course of employment.
· Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 per the executive mandate.
· 401(k) – No Waiting Period. 100% Vested on date of hire.
· 3% company contribution in the first year of employment, company contribution increases over time. Employee is not required to contribute to the plan to receive Avarint’s contribution.
· Health Insurance – No Waiting Period – competitive costs.
· Dental, Vision Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for employees and dependents.
· Life Insurance after 6 months – Employer paid benefit for the employee.
· Generous paid time off, unlimited sick time and 9 paid holidays
· Free beverages and stocked beverage refrigerators for employees