The Health Coach and Wellness Coordinator assists in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of company-wide health and wellbeing initiatives for clients. In addition to health coaching, this position promotes and markets wellness programs to target populations and performs research on relevant topics in health promotion, disease prevention, and lifestyle medicine.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs targeted outreach to at-risk employees
- Performs in person and telephonic/virtual coaching sessions
- Helps individuals of all backgrounds and life stages recognize counterproductive behaviors and coaches them to discover new methods to move more, eat better and make healthier decisions for themselves and their families.
- Leverages key tools to promote behavior change and helps create a foundation for a healthy lifestyle
- Develops programs that create awareness and motivation, and provides tools to employees that help them adapt and maintain a holistic, healthy lifestyle
- Develops lifestyle change plans that are custom-tailored to each individual and/or group
- Appropriately refers employees to employer resources when appropriate (i.e. EAP, tobacco cessation etc.)
- Assists in planning, implementation and executing well-being programs, activities and challenges to engage employees
- Develops and executes health promotion campaigns utilizing multiple communication channels including online and mailers
- Assists in developing and presenting creative content for lunch and learn presentations, educational webinars and workshops covering various health and wellbeing topics
- Facilitates communication between LHD, employer group and wellbeing providers
- Tracks and reports programs and activities as necessary
- Assists with health fairs and other relevant events
- Participates in and proactively contributes to wellbeing committee meetings while creating program buy-in and support through all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Health Coach Certification from a nationally accredited organization required
- Registered Dietician credentials preferred but not required
- Minimum of seven years health coaching experience;
- Minimum of seven years wellness experience
- Familiarity with Lifestyle Medicine approach and ability to incorporate into coaching
- Familiarity with the 5 stages of readiness for change
- Experience in public health communications
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel to client locations as needed
- Passion for LHD’s mission and ongoing commitment to outstanding customer service
Why choose LHD?
LHD fosters an environment where employees are proud to work hard and make a difference. We’re valued, respected, and rewarded.
- Nominated as a “Best Places to Work” for 6 consecutive years
- Company-sponsored community service days
- AchieveWELL 5-star Award Designation for Wellness Program
We also offer:
- HSA contribution
- Employee Wellness Program
- 401(k) - Safe harbor contribution of 3% of your salary plus discretionary matching contributions after a year of service
- Hybrid work schedule
- In-office perks: free coffee, daily fruit bar, treadmill desk, outdoor patio, workout facility