This role is open for remote work.
Trellance is the leading provider of data, analytics, and business intelligence solutions to financial institutions. Organizations use its technology and consulting services to meet the consumer finance expectations of today’s digital world, one that is increasingly driven by artificial intelligence and machine learning. The company’s patented enterprise data platform, Trellance M360, is the enabling engine behind digital transformation and member experience. Trellance was founded in 1989, and its Tampa headquarters features a modern office space with panoramic water and city views, covered parking, onsite car detailing, and a café. The company offers attractive compensation; medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with matching plus profit-sharing; and many more tools and resources.
Have expertise with software and technology and want to get more experience in areas like data, analytics, visualization, predictive modeling, cognitive services, artificial intelligence, and machine learning? Skilled at presenting architecture, conducting software demos, selling technical solutions, and customizing a sales pitch to prospective clients? Know how you’d want to make an immediate positive impact in a sales engineering role? If yes, this role might be a great fit for you.
Trellance is an agile, fast-growing company that is pioneering the next wave of data-led #fintech, and the organization is in need of a Sales Engineer / Solution Consultant to join the revenue team. The individual in this role will be an important part of the company’s go-to-market organization, working with product, development, sales, and marketing teams to progress prospective credit union and banking clients through the pipeline. The Sales Engineer / Solution Consultant will also equip Trellance team members with the understanding they need to technically and commercially sell data analytics software and win new deals.
The organization is building a well-funded demand generation and sales pipeline process that is based on what prospects prefer and how they actually buy, not on the way most companies tend to market and sell. A technical sales pro with a firm understanding of the B2B buying process, you’ll be a valuable resource to both the prospective client and the salesperson.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations during sales calls or onsite visits, showing prospects how to increase revenue, reduce costs, and better serve customers using company solutions
- Conduct product demos virtually and onsite with prospective clients
- Tell comparative and quantitative stories with data, showing compelling product- and market-based data insights that increase the desire to use Trellance technology
- Help prospects identify problems to be solved, solutions possible, requirements needed, choices recommended, validation points, and internal consensus-building approaches
- Explain architecture and configuration options, highlighting features, benefits, and meaningful differentiators with technical and business stakeholders of prospective clients
- Provide technical expertise and thought leadership on data, business intelligence, reporting, and analytics as well as trends relating to cloud, on-premise, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments
- Explore solution design as well as system and implementation requirements with prospects, working together with sales team members to meet client needs and achieve quota objectives
- Share and explain release notes, enhancements, use cases, roadmaps, PR/announcements, case studies, and best practices with clients; position company as a software and thought leader
- Seek answers from internal experts about how products work, how they are used, how they can be configured, how they are implemented, and how they integrate with other technologies
- Suggest enhancements to products and make recommendations about the product roadmap based on prospect feedback and competitive market opportunities
- Coordinate responses to RFIs/RFPs and technical discovery questions from prospective clients, providing descriptions and/or options that remove technical objections and demonstrate value
- Develop/update ROI calculators and other bottom-of-funnel sales/go-to-market (GTM) tools
- Provide market intelligence about competitive alternatives and their comparative strengths
- Lead or participate in go-to-market (GTM) strategy planning, sales training, and employee enablement sessions
- Organize and present during product sessions at client events and conferences
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience; degree in business administration, engineering, computer science, or related field preferred. Or high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in this field. Additional credentialing in product management or data science is a plus.
- Prior experience as a sales engineer preferred.
- B2B technology, SaaS, E-commerce, credit union, financial services, or payments experience is highly desirable.
- Adept at managing budgets and deadlines; rigorous, quantitative thinker who can solve problems and move projects along.
- Expertise with Salesforce, HighSpot (or other sales enablement platforms) PowerBI, and Tableau is strongly preferred.
- Must be strongly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Able to travel to prospect and client meetings.
- Passion for technology and eager to learn new platforms and applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, coupled with strong financial acumen and quantitative analysis skills.
- Compelling public speaker.