Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup with a vision for re-inventing retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company. We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY A CHIEF PEOPLE OFFICER?
Full Time, Exempt
The Chief People Officer will play a mission-critical role in helping us to create and grow the teams of people necessary for us to be successful. You will help us to implement our “team-of-teams” organizational design, and you will lead the “Teaming Team” that is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, training, HR administration, and organizational development. You will work directly with the CEO as an integral member of the Alert Leadership Team to ensure that the organization has the capabilities to execute the company’s vision and strategy, while also nurturing and strengthening the company’s culture.
This is a new exempt officer position offering a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Leading a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy.
- Creating and leading the Teaming Team that will focus on maximizing the performance of our people both individually and in teams.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
- Working beside the founder/CEO to facilitate the Leadership Team as the organization accelerates growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
ORGANIZATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND DESIGN
- Facilitate the development of programs, processes and organizational structures to support/reinforce Alert's mission and values with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Build Teaming processes to foster distributed decision making.
RECRUIT AND DEVELOP TALENT
- Collaboratively build and execute a long-term staffing development and retention plan.
- Assess talent needs and gaps to optimize learning and development.
- Build a team of "Team Counselors" who will advise/coach our teams.
- Evolve the Cultural Experience that models our values.
- Ensure our four core values are demonstrated and fostered as we evolve our team-based model.
- Ensure we foster the cultural behavior of our leaders and employees.
EVOLVE COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND HR ADMINISTRATION
- Continuously improve and innovate on the service level to our employees in the fundamental human resource functions.
- Create a data driven compensation strategy that scales with our growth.
- Consultative support and facilitation of the Leadership Team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 15+ years of Human Resource experience leading multidisciplinary teams. (Work in technology organizations is a plus)
- Proven track record in leading rapid growth through design and execution of needed infrastructures.
- Ability to influence across disciplines to facilitate collaboration in all Human Resource functions, plans, outcomes.
- Proven experience in facilitation of executive teams in planning and decision making.
- Experience in monitoring and evolving organizational culture through growth.
- Experience in building Performance and Development systems/processes.
- Technical competence in compliance, legal policy, compensation, benefits.
- Proven track record of critical thinking and executing strategies that elevate performance of teams, individuals and organization.
- Consultative skills and/or experience.
- A deep understanding of effective leadership in general, and servant leadership specifically. Able to implement processes to identify leadership potential in individual contributors, developing new leaders, and continuously improving the leadership performance of established leaders.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Human Resources and/ or Organizational Development.
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in the company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.