Toyon Research Corporation is seeking a Junior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Intern passionate about solving problems. Our SRE team is relied upon to empower our users and IT teams with rich, automated technologies and solutions, reducing toil, technical debt, and downtime. Specifically, we are searching for someone with a strong background in problem-solving, who is curious and eager to learn while growing their technical knowledge in an SRE position. This role is an internship at our Goleta, CA campus with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position, working out of our Sterling, VA office.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Assist in creating automation tooling & code to help reduce toil and tasking
- Work with monitoring infrastructure and develop automated responses/remediation to address the underlying issues that generated the alerts
- Work in tandem with our service desk & systems administration teams to produce better tools for completing tasks or deployments for both internal and customer needs
- Work towards the continual improvement of systems performance, reliability, and compliance.
- With an eye towards improving capabilities, anticipating and solving customer needs, and pushing to improve code & processes
- Improve processes & documentation around processes
- Knowledge of one or more of the following scripting or programming languages: Bash, Java, Ruby, Powershell, Python
- Familiarity with Linux, MacOS, Windows command-line interfaces
- Self-starter with interest in expanding existing knowledge of technical systems and SRE fundamentals
- Excellent critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Desire to crush repetitive tasks through automation
U.S. Citizenship Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.