The Compliance Specialist (QAS3) is responsible for ensuring that the Child, Youth and Family Service program is adhering to established performance and quality standards. The primary duties of the QAS3 are to help create and follow up on plans of correction required of CUA Case Management and CUA Prevention/Intervention staff.
Key job tasks/duties/responsibilities
1. Interprets and implements quality assurance standards and procedures in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law, State regulations, Philadelphia Department of Human Services (DHS) guidelines, and internal policies.
2. Ability to identify problems, and work with staff to initiate corrective and preventative actions.
3. Conducts interviews with Program staff, clients, and resource parents to evaluate program effectiveness and services.
4. Analyzes current Quality Assurance, Program, and administrative policies and processes; and writes new policies and procedures if required.
5. Reviews and evaluates case records and personnel records for compliance.
6. Investigates Provider and DHS service concerns regarding Program staff and practice.
7. Responsible for having knowledge of Child Protective Services Law, State regulations, DHS guidelines, and contractual requirements and informing the Director of any new and/or revised regulations.
8. Compiles observational data and writes narrative reports summarizing findings.
9. Assists with the coordination of audit information, and recommends appropriate data-gathering mechanisms, procedures, etc. 10. Maintains current and accurate records of all relevant communications, audits, corrective action plans, and monitoring.
11. May perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW) or a related field and two (2) years of experience in human services, working with children, youth, and families required.
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or related field strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in working in Quality Assurance/compliance and/or Child Welfare is preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience writing internal policies and protocols.
- Good customer service skills and a team player.
- Sound judgment, data/analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including word, excel, and power point.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision