iSpace Environments is looking for an Level II Interior Designer to join our team!
Position Summary: Assist or lead sales team members in the design and specification of assigned design projects for clients. Design services include: programming, design concepts, space planning, commercial furniture specifications, site visits, and furniture installation drawings. Works closely with our internal sales, project coordinators, project managers and installation team members to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Interior Designer II Specific Responsibilities:
· With minimal direction, assists in or Lead in the design and specification of assigned projects.
· Assists or Leads sales and design team members in the preparation of client presentations.
· Leads in ensuring the accuracy of all drawings and specifications before presenting to the selling team member or client – operate with little to no specification errors.
· Displays in-depth knowledge in design trends and appropriate product application.
· Displays in-depth knowledge of Teknion research and lead in consultative selling efforts.
· Prepares and presents design contracts, assist Associate & Design I team members with contracts.
· Serves as mentor and coach to other design team members.
· Serves as a resource to other design team members and account manager designers for final specification checks.
· Displays high level rendering and presentation capability.
· Serves as a champion of a design team metric, responsible for efforts that create a streamlined approach.
2. General Designer Responsibilities:
o Attends client planning meetings; presents plans and information to clients for review and approval.
o Conducts programming by interviewing clients/end/users and produces reports.
o Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to site adherence checks.
o Verifies existing inventory/product if necessary; produces as-built drawings/specifications.
· Design Development
o Develops and presents block/space plans.
o Selects, develops and presents color/finish boards.
o Provides design budgets for projects; maintains daily timesheets; manages actual time against budgets.
o Develops product specifications; verifies specifications against plans; produces order-ready specifications utilizing technology; verifies accuracy.
o Manages changes and revisions.
o Maintains detailed project documentation including records of key decisions, and notes from client/internal meetings.
· Final Design
o Creates finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical and A & D drawing set.
o May conduct field review during/after installation with Project Managers and/or installation crew.
o Manages adherence to project schedule and budgets.
o Communicates regularly on assignment status to all parties involved.
o Ensures complete and accurate plans/specifications are order ready. May be required to conduct organizational interfaces with; client, A&D firms, contractors, project managers, sales, sales administration, internal operations personnel, and installation crews.
3. Serve as a Steward of iSpace Resources and Brand - thrive on our Core Values
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Innovation – Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Displays original thinking and creativity. Generates suggestions for improving work. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires respect and trust. Motivates others to perform well. Reacts will under pressure. Shows courage to take action.
Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities Contributes to building a positive team spirit Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views gives and welcomes feedback
Quality - Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Interior, Industrial or Architectural Design and 4+ years’ experience in furniture/office/space planning or equivalent combination of education and experience. Dealership experience preferred. Knowledge of building codes for furniture design required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD and specification software(s).
· Preferred experience with 20/20 technologies, Bluebeam and Configura.
Other Skills and Requirements:
· Solid interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (both oral and written) effectively and professionally with both internal and external clients.
· Understands systems furniture; able to learn and apply new product knowledge.
· Excellent problem solving ability and follow through.
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
· Works well under pressure in fast-paced conditions; excels at multi-tasking and prioritizing.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. iSpace’s benefits package includes: PTO, 11 Paid Holidays, 401K Employer Match, Employer Paid Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, Parental Pay, Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance and much more!
iSpace Environments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis under law.