Working in Housekeeping, you will fill the role in the appearance and cleanliness of the facility. Housekeeping ensures that our clients, guests, and staff have a clean and comfortable environment. This position is part of the execution of the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping & Environmental Services Department. Housekeeping team members, ensuring cleanliness standards are applied consistently in the client rooms and public areas, and client requests and expectations are met and exceeded. The coordination of housekeeping services in keeping with OSHA guidelines, client policies, and housekeeping budget, along with the order and inventory housekeeping supplies, maintain a clean and healthy residence environment.
Housekeeper RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Maintain an organized housekeeping cart complete with all needed items.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and the client’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the housekeeping cart and other supplies are in a safe area to prevent any injuries to clients, employees, or visitors.
- Ensure proper disposal of soiled clothing or linens in compliance with infection control standards and the hazardous cleaning products are properly stored and labeled
- Ability to clean and perform housekeeping duties in the facility.
- Ability to work well with others with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to communicate by reading, writing, and verbal command of English.
- Must have experience using a computer to enter and access information.
- Time Management capability to lead others to accomplish work within established parameters.
- Customer Service focus to anticipate client needs, greeting and acknowledging, responding to client requests, and ensuring their satisfaction
· Knowledge of Mental Health and addiction recovery
· Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload
· Strong diligence with the capacity to maintain/complete accurate records/correspondence
· Understands the need for and always maintains appropriate confidentiality when interacting with alumni, families, and all other clients and contacts following Clients Rights and HIPAA.
· Proficient in MS OFFICE
· Maintains a professional demeanor when representing Bridges of Hope.
· Ability to maintain boundaries while collaborating with clients, alumni, and their families.
· Ability to maintain confidential information with tact and discretion beyond HIPPA
· Ability to exercise sound judgment when overseeing a variety of issues
· Strong customer service skills
· High level of flexibility and diplomacy
· Working with clients in a 12-step program preferred
Assists with other duties as assigned.
Housekeeper ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Looking for someone to work 12 pm -7 pm and available on weekends, rotating a Saturday or Sunday.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business writings, emails, and procedure manuals
- Ensure that common areas, including guest restrooms, are clean, neat, and free of odor.
- Ensure that common areas and clients’ rooms/apartments are cleaned following the schedule. The schedule should include but is not limited to the following:
o Vacuuming all carpeted areas
o Dusting all furniture, common area items, handrails, and hanging pictures
o Cleaning glass surfaces, cleaning doors, doorways, and walls of fingerprints or other dirt
o Vacuuming upholstery furniture according to schedule
o Cleaning and disinfecting common areas and residents’ bathrooms
o Sanitizing and disinfecting soiled utility bins according to schedule
o Cleaning and organizing laundry areas and storage closets according to schedule
o Launder client linens, towels, sheets, and other items according to schedule and as needed.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Perform – Floorcare: vacuum + sweep + mop / Waste removal: discard trash + replace liners / Surface care: dust + disinfect + polish surfaces
- Safety: ensure doors are locked, and lights are off
- Check guest or visitor areas, meeting rooms, public spaces, and hallways for cleanliness and order. Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Coordinate cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, working with the front desk and maintenance personnel.
- Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
- Following facility safety and security guidelines, you are ensuring key control, emergency response, safe chemical handling, and proper chemical usage. Serves as an emergency responder for the location.
- Manages supply inventory and monitors storage procedures and Housekeeper/House Attendant cart arrangements.
- Valid Drivers license required