PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma Washington is seeking a Family Medicine Residency Faculty Physician, DO/MD.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide professional health care services to PTHA patients primarily in an ambulatory setting. Provide training, support and supervision of medical residents and students as required.
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat medical, obstetric, psychiatric, and surgical diseases and emergencies as credentialed and privilege, at PTHA and other designated facilities as assigned.
- Oversee the medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients by other medical professionals including precepting midlevel providers as needed.
- Perform histories, physicals, and direct the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of PTHA patients in local hospitals including participation in rounding schedule. Rounding only.
- Make referrals to specialists as per PTHA protocol and follow-up to assure quality care.
- Provide on-site health education and counseling to patients and staff.
- Participate in after-hours on-call duty as scheduled.
- Provide back-up consultation to other on-call PTHA providers as scheduled.
- Participate in Peer Review process, utilization review studies and quality improvement committee as assigned.
- Responsible for completing charts thoroughly and accurately, within required time frame.
- Responsible for meeting reporting requirements of the organization as directed.
- Serve as preceptor for medical residents and students, and part-time teaching faculty for the PTFM Residency Program. Provide support for the PTHA educational mission, values and goals.
- Maintain and demonstrate professionalism and self-care techniques on an ongoing basis within the work place.
- Serve as clinical adjunct faculty for area medical schools as available.
- Attends and participates in annual mandatory trainings.