Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. We are seeking a Senior/Staff Software Engineer with experience in software engineering to assist in the development and deployment of customer software for Inscripta’s gene editing platform.
The Senior/Staff Software Engineer is a full-time position, to which you would devote all your professional effort. You would be responsible for R&D and production software development as well as customer facing software and may also participate in other corporate matters. Principal responsibilities include:
- Developing new software/systems to support delivery of data to customers, R&D personnel and enterprise resource management systems using a variety of web-based programming tools
- Working with R&D computational scientists to translate R&D scientific/engineering programming into robust production-oriented software
- Creating/maintaining/tuning database SQL required to support database centric applications used at the Company
- Mentoring junior software engineers and database developers to teach them coding techniques and good software development practices
- Supporting end-users in a 24/7 production environment as needed
- Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company.
We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a start-up environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years developing software with skills in OOP using Java, C# and/or C in a client/server architecture.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented principles and design with some experience in an agile environment
- Strong bias for and deep drive towards developing highly performant, responsive applications
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and basic database design skills
- Strong math, logic, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in developing custom web components in a modern java script framework such as Angular, React, or Vue.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and SaSS.
- Prior experience with cloud architectures and deployment of systems in the cloud is a plus
- Prior experience working in life sciences or biotechnology is preferred
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to manage daily test processing needs with high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder location.