Inscripta is searching for a highly talented Senior/Staff Scientist to serve as a next-generation sequencing assay development specialist and leader within our Product Development team. A candidate with demonstrated experience in the design, development, and manufacturing transfer of customized, NGS-based assays for enriching and quantifying nucleic acids, will become a core contributor to integrated, multidisciplinary teams developing new CRISPR-based, DNA editing technology platforms (software, instruments, and reagents). As a successful candidate, you will serve as both an individual contributor and project team lead for NGS-based assay development projects in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Lead the design and development of novel methodologies that enrich for and/or quantify nucleic acids using NGS technology, with a particular focus on development of customized, single cell NGS-based measurements.
- Develop and validate robust nucleic acids detection and quantitation assays to measure integrated system performance for product development and commercialization.
- Support implementation of data processing and analysis workflows, bioinformatics pipelines, and laboratory data management systems in collaboration with internal, multidisciplinary teams.
- Support implementation of high throughput NGS library preparation workflows using laboratory automation equipment.
- Work collaboratively with biochemists, molecular biologists, and bioinformaticians to define and develop appropriate controls, metrics and measurement processes.
- Perform Gauge R&R, verification, validation & transfer of assays from R&D to manufacturing.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert for NGS technology, providing guidance on experimental design, methods, data analysis and new or emerging applications to address specific needs.
- Effectively direct, organize and manage workload as needed to achieve timely execution of assay development projects, working with cross-functional teams to schedule and execute weekly plans.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- PhD, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering or closely related field
- Must have at least 8 or more years of demonstrated hands-on (wet lab) experience specifically in NGS assay development, validation, troubleshooting, and associated analysis and reporting of data
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have in-depth knowledge and experience developing assays with Illumina NGS platforms and technologies, including MiSeq and NextSeq instrumentation and reagents.
- Must have prior experience developing single cell NGS assays using single cell sequencing preparation technology, such as 10X Genomics, Mission Bio, or similar.
- Must be familiar with different NGS software platforms, bioinformatics pipelines and NGS data processing and interpretation solutions.
- Must have strong organizational skills, display excellent leadership and people skills, and demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with and mentor others in a highly matrixed environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and learn quickly.
- Must be goal oriented and focused on completing work on time.
- Must have ability to adapt to changing priorities and technical challenges in a fast-paced environment within an interdis
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with rapidly expanding additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego California. This position is located in our Boulder location.