Inscripta is searching for an experienced Scientist to join our Product Development team. A candidate with a proven track record of designing and developing novel measurement tools and assays that enrich for and quantify nucleic acids, will become a lead contributor to integrated, multidisciplinary teams developing new CRISPR-based, DNA editing technology platforms (software, instruments, and reagents). As a successful candidate, you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to create cutting-edge technology that enables scientific discovery and advancement.
- Lead the design and development of novel methodologies that enrich for and/or quantify nucleic acids using NGS and droplet digital PCR technology, with a focus on enabling single cell nucleic acid measurements.
- Develop and validate robust, novel assays to measure integrated system performance for product development and commercialization.
- Perform Gauge R&R, verification, validation & transfer from R&D to manufacturing.
- Interface with third party analytical labs when needed to plan experiments and analyze results.
- Work collaboratively with biochemists, molecular biologists, enzymologists, engineers, and bioinformaticians to identify and develop appropriate controls and measurement processes.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a commercial product development role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with NGS sample prep and novel NGS assay development; special consideration will be given to candidates who have breadth of experience with single cell NGS technology and methods (e.g. 10X Genomics single cell applications, DART-seq, SCI-seq, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience solving challenging, interdisciplinary research and development problems at the interface of biology, chemistry and materials science.
- Broad knowledge of tools and techniques used for nucleic acid isolation, enrichment and quantitation.
- Strong foundation in measurement science.
- Strong skills in the design and execution of experiments, and statistical analyses of the resulting data; special consideration will be given to candidates with quantitative, applied mathematics experience in probability theory, multivariate calculus, and advanced topics in analytical chemistry.
- Experience with developing and transferring manufacturing-friendly metrology.
- Hands-on experience in development and testing of prototype through production-ready reagents and instrumentation.
- Experience in at least one programming or scripting language such as R, Python, or Matlab.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment within an interdisciplinary team setting.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with developing novel droplet digital (ddPCR) assays.
- Experience with genome engineering techniques and methods.
- Hands-on laboratory experience with some or all of the following techniques: cell lysis and nucleic acid isolation, molecular cloning, transformation, transfection, cell culture, qPCR, gel electrophoresis and nucleic acid size selection and quantitation methods.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with rapidly expanding additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego California. This position is located in our Boulder location.