Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery.
The microfluidics team is searching for an exceptional candidate to play a key role enabling researchers around the world to efficiently engineer the genome. A candidate with strong engineering background will become a key contributor to integrated and multidisciplinary teams developing new and improving existing DNA editing technology platforms. Candidates with a proven track record in fluidics design, development, and commercialization will be considered. As a successful candidate you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to create exciting microfluidic modules that integrate into instruments that empower high-throughput, robust, and automated single-cell genome editing.
- Develop microfluidic technologies, contributing to all R&D phases from idea generation and feasibility through systems integration and product launch
- Integrate microfluidics electrically, thermally and fluidically to the macro environment. Solve complicated, interdisciplinary technology integration challenges.
- Develop methods to quantify and characterize performance of microfluidic devices, and associated subcomponents.
- Characterize functional performance during design iteration cycles and refine subsequent device designs.
- Document progress effectively through SOPs, drawings, and specification sheets
- Manage external development partners and contract manufacturers
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with biologists, chemists, bioinformaticians, and engineers. Work under our high standards of experimental rigor.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.
- PhD in a related field, with relevant research or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with microfluidic manipulation of cells and DNA using flow, electric and/or magnetic fields.
- Experience with CAD, injection molding, and advanced fabrication methods
- Strong analytics and programming background. Strong quantitative, applied mathematics experience, and experience in at least one programming or scripting language such as C#, C++, Java, Matlab, R or Python.
- Experience with fluidic, mechanical, and electrical instrumentation and developing automation software orchestrating integrated experiments.
- Materials characterization techniques, such as SEM, TEM, XPS, TOF-SIMS, AFM.
- Experience simulating multi-physics microfluidics systems to understand complex biological-chemical-device systems. Understanding of fluidic dynamics at the micron scale.
- Biophysical understanding of the behavior and interaction of DNA, proteins and/or other biological systems.
- Demonstrated experience solving challenging, interdisciplinary research/development problems at the interface of fluidics, biology, chemistry and materials science.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment within an interdisciplinary team setting.
- A successful candidate will have an outstanding experimental background, a track record of creativity, a very strong theoretical acumen, first principle mindset and understanding of mechanical design, fluid dynamics, and materials.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder location.