Are you looking to grow your career with a dynamic company and team?
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation is looking for a dynamic Recruitment/Intake Specialist to increase the capacity of the youth program by recruiting and ensuring appropriate referrals are made. Recruitment efforts will encompass targeted recruitment for youth between the ages of 16 and 24 with focus placed on the Opportunity Youth population. The Recruitment and Intake Specialist will organize and facilitate informational/orientation sessions. They will also coordinate recruitment events, special events and assist Program Manager with additional trainings and data entry as needed.
WHY CONSIDER THIS POSITION?
· Opportunity to be innovative and build relationships
· Comprehensive benefits and Competitive Salary
· Independent work and flexibility
· Opportunity to collaborate, explore business challenges and implement high-impact solutions
· Eligibility for a quarterly bonus
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation, (AAWDC) is a nationally recognized, innovative workforce development organization that provides high-quality workforce development services to drive purposeful change in Anne Arundel County and across Maryland. AAWDC is the bridge between understanding the workforce and talent development needs of local and regional businesses and preparing individuals to meet their full career potential. AAWDC’s vision, mission, and core values are at the heart of the way the organization achieves success.
• Community outreach on a bi-weekly basis to recruit and engage interested youth and establish relationship with community partners.
• Conducts initial interviews with customers to determine eligibility and suitability for employment and training services.
• Organize, facilitate, and participate in monthly recruitment events which could require flexibility in schedule including evening and weekend work.
• Work in collaboration with the in-school and out-of-school youth career coaches to ensure smooth transition of case load.
• Provide advocacy and support to youth and community partners as needed
• Perform intake responsibilities in accordance with the WIOA and other eligibility and enrollment guidelines.
• Participate in agency or professional group seminars and conferences to increase professional knowledge
• Contribute to the accomplishment of program goals and objectives through communication and consultation with the Program Manager, youth staff, participation in team meetings and other trainings
• Works in collaboration with other workforce development and human service professionals to address identified barriers of participants.
AA degree, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, in Social Services, or Marketing
2-3 years’ experience in social service and/or marketing and or/industry related experience
• High energy, outgoing and team player
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate excellent software skills and a professional appearance.
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously; organize and prioritize work
• Ability to follow detailed directions and procedures.
• Community Engagement
• Must have proficient computer skills, including MS Office
• Data Entry
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• 403b Retirement Plan
• Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Staff Development Benefits