BorderX Lab is creator of the Beyond Fashion and Beauty Discovery Marketplace launched in 2014. We connect Chinese shoppers to official websites of brands and merchants like Saks, Bloomingdales, Everlane, Finish Line and Alexander Wang. Through our direct partnerships with major US and European fashion + beauty brands we guarantee our users receive authentic products at authentic prices. For brands we provide a turn-key solution to China localization and logistics. BorderX Lab has offices in Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
As a User Engagement Product Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to connect millions of Chinese customers to US and European brands/merchants. The ideal candidate is passionate about consumer-facing user experience and deeply understanding of Chinese consumer market. You will have the scope and freedom to drive the product direction and development process cross functionally.
- Analyze user behavior with quantitative data for each functions including but not limited to shopping guide functions, UGC/BGC functions, define the impact of functions/promotion events, then create product features to improve user engagement and conversion rate in these areas.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on data analysis, technical and business insights.
- Define methods and metrics for measuring success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives, and constantly track performance.
- Communicate the user engagement strategy across all relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Deliver quality PRDs with clear and compelling user stories, point of views, success metrics, and thoughtful plan of execution.
- Collaborate with teams in other offices and time zones.
- Bachelor’s in STEM fields required, Master a plus.
- Ability to work in US without sponsorship.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collect, organize, and analyze large amounts of information.
- Passion for online shopping, fashion, online retail environments.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of Product Management experience, experience in e-commerce a plus.
- Knowledge of China internet industry and e-commerce market.
- Ability to conceptualize an abstract idea and turn it into user-friendly features.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and data-driven problem solving approach. Able to prioritize and evaluate product features based on data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be fluent in both English and Chinese.
- SQL skill a plus.
You will thrive in the role if
- Confident, have a can-do attitude, able to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Passionate about cross-border E-commerce.
What we offer
- Be part of a diverse and awesome team.
- Benefits: Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage; FSA Health, Dependent and Commuter Plans; 401K Plan
- Grow your expertise and career in a sustainable hyper-growth startup environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Learn how to execute in an international startup (Silicon Valley and Shanghai offices).
- Walking distance to Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and downtown restaurants.
Connect American and European lifestyles with Chinese consumers through our mobile marketplace app: Beyond/??App (https://www.borderxlab.com/product) through data-driven marketing technology. BorderX Lab is co-founded by 3 Google alumni with serious entrepreneurship experience and headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are currently in a very high-growth mode and laser-focused on customer optimization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.