BorderX Lab is creator of the Beyond Fashion and Beauty Discovery Marketplace launched in 2014. We connect Chinese shoppers to official websites of brands and merchants like Saks, Bloomingdales, Everlane, Finish Line and Alexander Wang. Through our direct partnerships with major US and European fashion + beauty brands we guarantee our users receive authentic products at authentic prices. For brands we provide a turn-key solution to China localization and logistics. BorderX Lab has offices in Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
As a Technical Product Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to connect millions of Chinese customers to US and European brands/merchants. You will be responsible for Beyond App’s internal and merchant dashboards and data platforms. The ideal candidate has experience working on e-commerce company and deeply understanding of Chinese consumer market. With the deeply understanding of our business model, you will have the scope and freedom to drive the product direction and development process cross functionally.
- Key responsibility will focus on product management for personalization, search, internal/external dashboard areas, work with Product Management team and Engineers to gather product requirements, create new product ideas.
- Work closely with the User Acquisition team to optimize performance marketing activities and drive profitable user growth.
- Collaborate with BD and Marketing team in merchant promotion events, merchant dashboard, marketing campaigns as required.
- Define the product strategy, roadmap, and release prioritization base on the understanding of user needs and business needs.
- Deliver quality PRDs with clear and compelling user stories, point of views, success metrics, and thoughtful plan of execution.
- Work cross functionally and across teams to design, build, test, and ramp features. Analyze quantitative and qualitative results.
- Collaborate with teams in other offices and time zones.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent fields
- Ability to work in US without sponsorship
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collect, organize, and analyze large amounts of information
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2 + years of Technical Product Management experience, experience in e-commerce a plus.
- Knowledge of China internet industry and e-commerce market.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and data-driven problem solving approach. Able to prioritize and evaluate product features based on data.
- Proficient in SQL for data exploration and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent in both English and Chinese.
You will thrive in the role if
- Confident, have a can-do attitude, able to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Passionate about cross-border E-commerce.
What we offer
- Be part of a diverse and awesome team.
- Benefits: Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage; FSA Health, Dependent and Commuter Plans; 401K Plan
- Grow your expertise and career in a sustainable hyper-growth startup environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Learn how to execute in an international startup (Silicon Valley and Shanghai offices).
- Walking distance to Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and downtown restaurants.
Connect American and European lifestyles with Chinese consumers through our mobile marketplace app: Beyond/??App (https://www.borderxlab.com/product) through data-driven marketing technology. BorderX Lab is co-founded by 3 Google alumni with serious entrepreneurship experience and headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are currently in a very high-growth mode and laser-focused on customer optimization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.