Job Overview - Install all types of interior and exterior signage including vinyl graphics on vehicles and walls, channel letters, building signs, post and panels and awnings.
Reports to - Installation Manager
Work Location - On the Road
Position Type - Full-time – Hourly (non-exempt)
- Knowledgeable with hand tools and power tools
- Strong math skills
- Able to work in all climates
- Able to work at heights
- Background in metal fab, construction, carpentry, auto collision or similar trade
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Install of interior and exterior signage according to work order specs and deadlines.
- Read work orders and confirm materials and vehicle prepared to successfully complete installation
- Communicate changes and delays to client, Field Manager and Installation Manager
- Maintain clean job site throughout and at end of work day
- Maintain clean vehicle and install room throughout and at end of work day
- Monitor material inventories to lessen waste and control costs
- Follow established quality standards to prevent rework and missed deadlines
- Complete quality check with customer after installation is complete
- Upload survey and finished sign photographs into production software
- Track jobs through internal production software
- Unload vehicle and properly store tools, materials, etc. at end of work day
- Work cooperatively with other departments to ensure efficient installation and meet deadlines
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, blueprints and work orders.
- Operate company vehicles to OSHA and Company safety standards
- Maintain and clean company of vehicles, equipment, and company issued tools
- Keep job site, company vehicles and storage areas organized, including cleaning and restocking
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be comfortable working at heights off a bucket truck/aerial equipment at heights of 30’ – 60’
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Experience in hands-on work environment
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and develop solutions
- Ability to read, understand and interpret work orders
- Ability to correctly use and read a tape measure
- Strong basic math skills (addition, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals)
- Working knowledge of computers (Windows environment) and iPad
- Reliability, flexibility and a professional attitude and appearance
- Good work ethic
- High school or trade school diploma or GED
- Ability to:
- troubleshoot problems and develop solutions
- read, understand, and interpret work orders
- follow written and oral instructions
- correctly use and read a tape measure
- multitask in a schedule-driven environment with the ability to maintain accuracy
- take direction and willingness to learn
- work off shift hours as needed
- work as part of a team and unsupervised
- High school or trade school diploma or GED
- United States Work Authorization
- Experience in sign industry (1 year)
- Experience with vinyl installation (1 year)
- OSHA 10
- Bucket Truck, Crane Certification, Aerial Lift Certified
- Massachusetts Hoisting License (2A nd 4F)
- Knowledge of electrical components and UL requirements and procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Calculate figures and amounts using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and geometry.\
- May also be exposed to loud noises, dust, and fumes from the manufacturing plant.
- Candidates offered a position with Sign Design are required to undergo a Background Screening.
- Candidates offered a position with physical requirements may need to pass a position-appropriate Fit for Duty exam which will be scheduled and paid for by Sign Design.
- Candidates who operate equipment or vehicles may be subject to pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- If not already obtained, employee must obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Card within 30 days of hire.