Job Overview - Produce all types of signage - interior, exterior, illuminated, non-illuminated, post and panels, sign boxes, and pylons
Reports to - Fabrication Manager
Work Location - In Shop
Position Type - Full Time - Hourly
- Knowledgeable with hand and power tools
- Knowledge of welding, metal fabrication, or carpentry
- Highly proficient in math
- Willing to learn new things
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Read work orders, confirm materials and follow instructions for timely and quality completion of assigned daily projects
- Fabricate signage to provided specifications and timelines set by Fabrication Manager
- Track jobs through internal production software including updating hours, closing work orders and documenting materials, procedures and job specifications
- Communicate changes and delays to Fabrication Supervisor and Fabrication Manager
- Work cooperatively with other production departments on project-related issues and questions to ensure efficient production and meet deadlines
- Maintain clean work area throughout and at end of work day
- Responsible for care and maintenance of assigned tools
- Monitor material inventories to lessen waste and control costs
- Follow established quality standards to prevent rework and missed deadlines
- Complete quality check of work when project is complete
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, blueprints, and work orders.
- Ensure that OSHA and company safety standards are followed
- Maintain and clean work area, equipment, and company issued tools
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working knowledge of hand tools
- Working knowledge of power tools
- Working knowledge of computers, primarily Windows environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong basic math skills (addition, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals)
- Experience in hands-on work environment
- Reliability, flexibility and a professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to lift stock and materials of 25 lbs. without machine assistance
- Ability to: troubleshoot problems and develop solutions; read, understand, and interpret work orders; follow written and oral instructions; correctly use and read a tape measure; multitask in a schedule-driven environment with the ability to maintain accuracy; take direction and willingness to learn; work off shift hours as needed; work as part of a team and unsupervised
- High school or trade school diploma or GED
- United States Work Authorization
- Sign industry experience
- Background in welding, metal fabrication, carpentry or auto collision
- Experience with table saw and panel saw
- Knowledge of fastening methods
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and components
- Post-Secondary Education or Equivalent Experience
- Valid Driver License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift stock of various weights and materials onto equipment without machine assistance
- Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Calculate figures and amounts using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and geometry.
- May also be exposed to loud noises, dust, and fumes from the manufacturing plant.
- Candidates offered a position with Sign Design are required to undergo a Background Screening.
- Candidates offered a position with physical requirements may need to pass a position-appropriate Fit for Duty exam which will be scheduled and paid for by Sign Design.
- Candidates who operate equipment or vehicles may be subject to pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- If not already obtained, employee must obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Card within 30 days of hire.