SEMCON provides a highly qualified, professional, and responsive technical and managerial workforce to satisfy customer requirements that support the FAA’s mission, vision, goals. We are currently recruiting for a Database Administrator to join our team working in Egg Harbor Township, NJ or in Ashburn, VA.
The Database Administrator will have experience that includes all or a combination of the following:
• Oracle databases (11g, 12c) including Pluggable Databases and ASM
• Installing, configuring, and managing new databases in both RAC and non-RAC environments
• Installing, configuring, and managing Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c Cloud Control
• Configuring Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and managing shared wallets
• Shell scripting for adding jobs and hot and cold database backups
• Architecting, configuring, and managing Oracle High Availability (Experience with GoldenGate, DataGuard)
• Using appropriate tuning methodology and tools to triage and resolve performance problems
• Collaborating with business units, application teams, and administration teams to design, size, and plan new environments
• Supporting documentation efforts with technical writers as needed
Excellent organizational, verbal/written communication, and presentation skills are required.
A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering (or equivalent) and 8+ years of related work experience is required.
SEMCON offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health benefits, a retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays.