The Plant Manager for our Elliott Manufacturing facility in Binghamton, New York will be responsible for executing company objectives, accelerating operational achievement of standard for manufacturing and operational capabilities. This position will also champion and lead the Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Develop world class operational standards of measuring and achieving key performance goals to meet manufacturing requirements achieving customer satisfaction on time and within budget i.e. On Time Delivery, Scrap Reduction, Quality, Safety, Cost Control, Waste Reduction, capacity planning, inventory, production scheduling, and performance measures.
- Drive Standard Work to all manufacturing processes through Kaizen events and involve employees at ALL levels.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes for greater efficiencies, i.e. work instructions, process flow, material usage, and material flow, cross training, visual performance (productivity-throughput, quality, OTD) and goals.
- Lead the development and expansion of continuous improvement methodologies in Binghamton to establish and improve manufacturing processes for greater efficiencies and gain positive results in materials usage, shipping and receiving, capacity planning, inventory, scrap reduction, production scheduling, safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and performance measures.
- Work with Staff Management within the business unit to develop and execute the strategy/plan and to identify the needs of the company regarding the PCIS process.
- Responsible for the quality improvement and cost reduction of assigned products. Responsible for meeting plant cost reduction goal for four wall and material costs.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution and use formalized problem solving approaches (A3, FMEA) to effectively define problems and drive to solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and facilitate problem-solving methodologies regarding quality-related issues (e.g. six sigma methodologies, and other related problem solving processes).
- Responsible for materials management including purchasing, planning, and inventory control.
- Support and ensure ISO 9001 and AS9100 processes and procedures are developed and implemented and coordinates preventative measures to enhance system capability.
- Reviews new product designs for effective and low cost method of manufacturing. Initiatives action and follow-up to incorporate changes prior to pre-production sign off.
- Specifies and/or provides necessary tools, fixtures, equipment and related training as required for plan production and testing. Follows up to ensure efficient ergonomic safe operating conditions and methods.
- Responsible for administrating major capital investments and improving cost structure of manufacturing operations and facilities.
- Builds, develops and manages operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving employee relations.
- Maintain and nurture effective working relationships/communications with key support functions to improve and ensure effective support and achieve business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for Safety and Environmental policies and adherence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Technical/Industrial Engineering. MBA is a plus.
Experience and/or Training:
- Demonstrated proven ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Solid commitment to Set-Manage-Deliver.
- Extensive experience with problem analysis and resolution at both strategic and functional levels.
- Passion for root cause analysis and methodical problem solving.
- Union experience a plus.
- Technical skills in lean/six sigma manufacturing techniques in all aspects of plant operations.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – both oral and written, demonstrated by the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, peers, and production floor community.
- Solid experience in a vertically integrated manufacturing environment involving stamping, extrusion and critical high volume to low volume assembly.
Technology/Equipment: Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).