Job Overview - responsible for repairs, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance on signs, LED lighting, indoor and outdoor lighting, electrical systems, parking lot lights, wall packs and indoor and outdoor neon.
Position Type - Full-time – Hourly (non-exempt)
Reports to - Service Manager
Work Location - On the Road
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Strong math skills
- Able to work in all climates
- Able to work at 40' plus height
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and interpret work orders and follow instructions for timely and quality completion of assigned daily projects
- Establish and follow established service standards
- Effectively service signs based on work orders and scheduled dates
- Work cooperatively with sales and SDS on project-related issues and questions to ensure efficient production and meet deadlines
- Complete quality check of work and track jobs through internal production software
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain safe and clean work area at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Regular hours are 8:00am – 4:30pm with ability to work off-shift hours as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools
- Strong basic math skills (addition, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with customers
- Must be comfortable working off a bucket truck and aerial equipment (40+ feet)
- Working knowledge of computers (Windows environment)
- Attention to detail
- Reliability, flexibility and a professional attitude and appearance
- Good work ethic
- Ability to: troubleshoot problems and develop solutions; read, understand, and interpret work orders; follow written and oral instructions; correctly use and read a tape measure; multitask in a schedule-driven environment with the ability to maintain accuracy; take direction and willingness to learn; work off shift hours as needed; work as part of a team and unsupervised
- High school or trade school diploma or GED
- United States Work Authorization
- Basic knowledge of low voltage lighting systems
- Experience with LED retrofitting
- Knowledge of electronic message centers
- Experience completing minor and major sign and lighting service repairs
- NALMCO – Certified Apprentice Lighting Technician
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Calculate figures and amounts using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and geometry.
- May also be exposed to loud noises, dust, and fumes from the manufacturing plant.
- Candidates offered a position with Sign Design are required to undergo a Background Screening.
- Candidates offered a position with physical requirements may need to pass a position-appropriate Fit for Duty exam which will be scheduled and paid for by Sign Design.
- Candidates who operate equipment or vehicles may be subject to pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- If not already obtained, employee must obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Card within 30 days of hire.