Job Overview - Responsible for performing installation, repair, testing and maintenance of for electric signs
Reports to - General Manager
Work Location - On the Road
Position Type - Full-time – Salary (exempt)
- Licensed Massachusetts Electrician
- Able to pull wiring/electrical permits
- Able to work independently
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Install electrical equipment and components in a neat and professional manner following Massachusetts Electrical Code and Safety Standards
- Perform sign and lighting installation, repair, maintenance, and testing, including controllers, transformers, ballasts, lighting systems, communication, power circuits and equipment
- Provide technical expertise for installers and sign and lighting technicians
- Read and interpret work orders and follow instructions for timely and quality completion of assigned daily projects
- Work cooperatively with sales and other production departments on project-related issues and questions to ensure efficient production and meet deadlines
- Complete quality check of work and track jobs through internal production software
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain safe and clean work area at all times
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Licensed Massachusetts Master Electrician
- Working knowledge of computers, primarily Windows environment
- Experience in hands-on work environment
- Reliability, flexibility and a professional attitude and appearance
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to correctly use and read a tape measure
- Strong math skills (addition, multiplication, division, geometry, fractions, and decimals)
- Ability to lift stock and materials of 25 lbs. without machine assistance
- Ability to: troubleshoot problems and develop solutions; read, understand, and interpret work orders; follow written and oral instructions; correctly use and read a tape measure; multitask in a schedule-driven environment with the ability to maintain accuracy; take direction and willingness to learn; work off shift hours as needed; work as part of a team and unsupervised
- Valid Driver License
- High school or trade school diploma or GED
- United States Work Authorization
- Licensed Master Electrician in other New England states
- Sign industry experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Calculate figures and amounts using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and geometry.\
- May also be exposed to loud noises, dust, and fumes from the manufacturing plant.
- Candidates offered a position with Sign Design are required to undergo a Background Screening.
- Candidates offered a position with physical requirements may need to pass a position-appropriate Fit for Duty exam which will be scheduled and paid for by Sign Design.
- Candidates who operate equipment or vehicles may be subject to pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- If not already obtained, employee must obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Card within 30 days of hire.