Job Overview - Responsible for providing accurate and timely estimates for custom fabricated signage and preparing bid package estimates for sales teams.
Reports to - Estimating Manager
Work Location - In Office
Position Type - Full-time, Hourly (non-exempt)
- Proficient in math and accounting
- Highly skilled in Excel
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide accurate estimates for manufacture and installation of all sign types
· Track and maintain records of all jobs through production software
· Meet with Account Executives to review scope of projects
· Review bid packages and prepare take-offs for estimating
· Meet with Fabrication Manager to determine best methods and material options
· Review large scale projects with Production Manager as needed
· Compile accurate project stock lists with current market pricing
· Work with Purchaser to ensure accuracy of stock list on production software
· Enter compiled list of materials and labor into production software using approved mark-ups and labor rates
· Work with designers to ensure fabrication specifications are followed
· Communicate specifications from estimates to sales, including changes to original fabrication specifications
· Build relationships with vendors and to obtain current pricing for materials
· Assist with updating vendor list and stock list in production software
· Read and interpret work orders and follow instructions for timely and quality completion of assigned daily projects
· Work cooperatively with sales and other production departments on project-related issues and questions to ensure efficient production and meet deadlines
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
· Maintain safe and clean work area at all times
· Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience as an estimator or accountant (1 year)
- Strong math skills and knowledge of mathematical formulas
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Reliability, flexibility and a professional attitude and appearance
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage time and multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to: troubleshoot problems and develop solutions; read, understand, and interpret work orders; follow written and oral instructions; correctly use and read a tape measure; multi-task in a schedule-driven environment with the ability to maintain accuracy; take direction and willingness to learn; work as part of a team and unsupervised
- High school or trade school diploma or GED
- United States Work Authorization
- Sign industry experience
- Post-Secondary Education or Equivalent Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- May also be exposed to loud noises, dust, and fumes from the manufacturing shop.
- Candidates offered a position with Sign Design are required to undergo a Background Screening.